World Championship 2019 Yorkshire......

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by ozboz, 10 Jul 2019.

1. ozboz

ozboz Über Member

2. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

Looks like a reroute may be required

48416426412_37f8b75b45.jpg

3. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Bunny hop that, no problems :whistle:

4. GilesM

GilesM Guru

We're staying in harrogate for the TTs, then off into the Dales for a few nights to see the Road races on the hilly bits, probably head to Grinton Moor for the men's race and Lofthouse for the women's, should be good, and no doubt the crowds will be a bit bigger than they were in 1982 at Goodwood, a different era, when cycling in Britain was some what less mainstream. I'm looking forward to it.

5. GilesM

GilesM Guru

How about a few predictions for the worlds, Geraint Thomas seems to be in with a good chance in the TT, if Alaphilippe has kept his form from the Tour he must be favourite for the men's Road Race, can Lizzie Deignan win the women's road race.

6. Venod

Venod Eh up

And its in Gods own county, not some Southern softland.

7. GilesM

GilesM Guru

Indeed, but I was a southern softy in 1982, fortunately I think I am better now.

Venod likes this.
  8. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Is it a lack of self esteem that makes you lot come out with this crap so often?

Dogtrousers and themosquitoking like this.
  9. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

I totally agree!

PS Can we also call a stop to posts saying that London is the centre of the universe, and expressing the view that there is no life north of Watford! :whistle:

skudupnorth likes this.
  10. Venod

Venod Eh up

We just tell it like it is.

GilesM likes this.
  11. brommers

brommers Years beyond my wisdom

Boll**ks

Adam4868 likes this.
  12. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

If I lived in London, I'd do my bit Colin, but I don't.

skudupnorth likes this.
  13. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

But you are south of Watford - ha ha!

I get a bit tired of constant reliving of The War Of The Roses too, especially living on the 'border' between the 2 counties. Here is a particularly bad example!

Anyway... I'm looking forward to the World Championships, which just happen to be in Yorkshire this year. My cousin is coming down from Scotland for them and we will be driving/cycling to some vantage points to watch some of the racing. I'll try to take some decent photos of the action.

skudupnorth and rich p like this.
  14. brommers

brommers Years beyond my wisdom

Conor Swift, in an interview, said that we've only got 6 riders in the men's road race because we didn't make the top 10. Who would the course suit?

15. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Thomas,Yates ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice