Who would want to take over from Johnson?

newfhouse

Regressive elitist lefty
I thought you might be rather keener on Lilly Allen.
Of the two, yes, by far.

Fram

I am past caring whether they had a privileged background, or even what their policies might be (within certain bounds). I just want a government that has some level of competence. And a leader that doesn't sound like he is retelling a famous five story when he addresses the nation

"50,000 dead and a virus rampaging through the island?" asked Dick. "Well it looks like we are in a pickle!".

Oh, and someone who doesn't farking lie. I am not talking about spin, I am talking about direct bare-faced lies.

Who might that be? Beats me.

Gove is clever and probably competent, if by competence you mean efficient but totally devoid of any humanity or integrity.
Sunak seems favourite, but it is easy to be popular when you are the person throwing money at everything.
Dominic Raab is what happens when Alan B'stard moves from fiction to reality
Priti Patel would turn the UK into Lord of The Flies ("The will of the people need your glasses, Piggy").
Liz Truss would be the answer if the question is "who is less competent to run the country than The Chuckle Brothers".
Chris Grayling would be the answer if the question is "who is less competent to run the country than Liz Truss".
Well put!

bitsandbobs

You need someone who didnt go to Harrow or some other private school. Nobody born with a silver spoon in their mouth or lives on a huge estate. Someone who has worked for a living.
These are the type of people who get in the Danish government and they do a good job. They then mobve on to get good jobs in the EU. We dont have an old boys network.
Out of interest, I just looked up the last four Danish PMs. So far as i could tell, all of them are career politicians, moving from gymnasium to University and straight into politics. Is that what you meant by having worked for a living?

The current PM seems at some point to have been in bother for sending her child to a private school, having spent her entire political career campaigning against them. Her views are apparently "more nuanced' these days.

It all sounds terribly familiar!

Last edited:

Landsurfer

Über Member
Out of interest, I just looked up the last four Danish PMs. So far as i could tell, all of them are career politicians, moving from gymnasium to University and straight into politics. Is that what you meant by having worked for a living?

The current PM seems at some point to have been in bother for sending her child to a private school, having spent her entire political career campaigning against them. Her views are apparently "more nuanced' these days.

It all sounds terribly familiar!
Diane Abbot comes to mind .... mealy mouthed hypocrite ...

Adam4868

Guru
I, to my shame, voted for him ... But every time I hear his voice I well up in anger at his pompous drivel .. I am ashamed to have voted for this lying, fornicating, coward ... Rule of 6 .... That would not even allow him to see his own un noticed children ... I
I despise his craven cowardice ...
Lol...what did you think you were voting for ?

oldworld

If there is a change of leadership then for sure it will be someone even worse than Boris.
This is the way it's going, each PM worse than the last.
My money is on Gove. He's got all the snake in the grass qualities to become a modern PM.

Baldy

I, to my shame, voted for him ... But every time I hear his voice I well up in anger at his pompous drivel .. I am ashamed to have voted for this lying, fornicating, coward ... Rule of 6 .... That would not even allow him to see his own un noticed children ... I
I despise his craven cowardice ...
If you will vote for a clown to run the country you shouldn't complain when you get a circus.

Top Bottom