Where do you Store your Lunchbox?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by MahatmaAndhi, 30 Jun 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    MahatmaAndhi

MahatmaAndhi Regular

Apologies. 23 x 17 x 8cm are the dimensions of the one with the biggest surface area. I have a narrower, taller one too.

The bag from Amazon arrived today and it was crap. It had Velcro straps which wasn't the end of the world. However, I couldn't even get them unfastened because the Velcro went through the loop. That is on its way back this evening.

I think I might have to concede and get another pannier rack on my road bike. Under duress.

Paulus likes this.
  2. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

IMG_20190704_163953148.jpg IMG_20190704_163939198.jpg I've been looking unsuccessfully for something like this bag to show you.

My Dad bought it in around 1984 as a holiday manbag.

Having given up transporting sandwiches in a single use plastic bag in a jersey pocket, I now use this around my waist. It takes keys, glasses case, small wallet, phone and a sandwich box. I wear it on my back with the strap around my tum.

It was made by Wynnster, I believe. IMG_20190704_163939198.jpg
    HTH.

MahatmaAndhi likes this.
  3. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Yeah, I suspect the only ways you'll be able to transport something that size anything like flat without a rack or bracket is to strap it to the top of a basket which will look silly on a road bike, or to strap it on top of the stem, which will also look somewhat odd. The only thing I've got which would transport that flat up front is the pizza rack - and that's got a big stem bracket and is not on a road bike, of course.

Paulus and MahatmaAndhi like this.
  4. Smudge

Smudge Über Member

I store mine in the same place Linford Christie used to store his.

PK99 likes this.
  5. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Didn't he get a restraining order after finding you poaching from his smalls drawer? ;)

6. OP
    OP
    MahatmaAndhi

MahatmaAndhi Regular

You should get your lunch out of his Jaguar before he drives off with it.

7. Paulus

Paulus Started young, and still going.

You know really that that is the way forward^_^

8. Kempstonian

Kempstonian Has the memory of a goldfish

Tucked into one of his socks?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice