When are people going to realise?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
That's the advantage of a positive outlook, I think that too many people will dwell on the mistakes of the past, even though they may be the very ones that caused them, and want that 'sorting out' first- which will never happen.

Last edited:
Something im wondering myself.

If won't be quite like German reconstruction post war, of course, but I think we are due a heavy reckoning.

Ww still have a lot of talent, drive creativity, and innovation available within our population - including those immigrants who will hopefully stay here knowing that we are not all hostile to them by any means.

My German farm trainee, who couldn't start til late on this season, wants to stay on for next year too.

It's been very interesting hearing her perspective on all this.

And to find out about the system of Government, where you live.

Maybe we can build ourselves back leaner greener, more realistic, more modern .

Sloughing off the bloated jingoistic nostalgia for days of Empire, and our supposed exceptionalism, would be so refreshing.

We might even be able to sort ourselves out to the point that the EU would welcome us back..
I would hope that we do rejoin or build a better relationship with the EU in future, but tbf the EU are not particularly fussy about who joins, eg Hungary.

The other thing is we will possibly not have Scotland or NI with us then, so we will not be rejoining but joining For the first time as a new nation that cannot claim to be the UK. It will be the LL...Little and Large, with probably a permanent Tory majority.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
joining For the first time as a new nation that cannot claim to be the UK. It will be the LL...Little and Large, with probably a permanent Tory majority.
Parties have a habit of splitting when they get near to permanent majorities as the larger faction(s) think they can rule without the moderates/hardliners(delete as applicable) holding them back.

Top Bottom