We didn't buy an Insight but we bought a Note instead

biggs682

Smile a mile bike provider
Had our our Ford C max given the death sentence earlier in the week due to excessive vibration from the autobox / drive train area .

So have spent the last few days trawling for a replacement car that has to have the following

1. Be automatic
  2. Non diesel
  3. Have air con
  4. must have boot space for a wheelchair
  5. must have space for at least 2 bikes and 2 adults
  6. would be nice if i can fit a tandem inside with wheels off
  7. and be within our 7 k budget
  8. Smaller than 2.0 litre
  9. Smaller than c max

So found a few that should meet the above criteria , then stumbled upon a nice Insight and i must rather admit i like the look of it although it is quite a journey away .

Would be nice to hear what the cc fan base has to say

Phaeton

Grumpy Old Barstool
Your title is incorrect it should read

Why would anyone with a sane mind want to buy an Insight?

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
Buy it. They're brilliant. If driven with a sensible right foot they're economical, very well made indeed, spacious, well equipped, reasonable enough to drive. I'd quite happily have one one that cars are tools, not something to get a boner over, and you'd buy a well made, capable, reasonably performing kitchen appliance in a heartbeat so why not a car with the wake attributes?

OP
biggs682

biggs682

I had one of the original 4 dr Saloon ima's as a company car years ago , and that was a nice to drive car but just lacked a bit of life but hey i was younger back then

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You could do a lot worse than the yellow peril!​
https://www.britanniacarsales.co.uk/used-cars/suzuki-ignis-1-3-vvt-5dr-oswaldtwistle-201908301680645 Not automatic, but such a smooth gear box! Get it bought,you could do a lot worse!!:becool:

OP
biggs682

biggs682

Citroen Berlingo (or the Peugeot equivalent)
I have a long term hatred of anything the PSA group make and Renault .

Agreed. I run a petrol Peugeot Tepee - about the same size as a C-Max. It'll take 2 bikes with ease, is frugal and low cost to insure.
As above

They seem a bit cheaper than the Prius second hand, but I reckon the latter seem a bit better imho. That said, most second hand Prius's's's's's's seem to have done 287,000 miles at the hand of a visually handicapped Uber driving lunatic.
Very true.

You could do a lot worse than the yellow peril!​
https://www.britanniacarsales.co.uk/used-cars/suzuki-ignis-1-3-vvt-5dr-oswaldtwistle-201908301680645 Not automatic, but such a smooth gear box! Get it bought,you could do a lot worse!!:becool:
Too small

Looks like your budget would get you a 2014 Vauxhall Meriva petrol auto.

Ticks most of the boxes being auto, petrol, and slightly smaller than a C-Max.

A bit juicy, but any petrol auto will be.

otek59

Had our our Ford C max given the death sentence earlier in the week due to excessive vibration from the autobox / drive train area .

So have spent the last few days trawling for a replacement car that has to have the following

1. Be automatic
  2. Non diesel
  3. Have air con
  4. must have boot space for a wheelchair
  5. must have space for at least 2 bikes and 2 adults
  6. would be nice if i can fit a tandem inside with wheels off
  7. and be within our 7 k budget
  8. Smaller than 2.0 litre
  9. Smaller than c max

So found a few that should meet the above criteria , then stumbled upon a nice Insight and i must rather admit i like the look of it although it is quite a journey away .

Would be nice to hear what the cc fan base has to say
Buy another TVR

Top Bottom