Transfers and rumours 2019

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by smutchin, 25 Jul 2018.

1. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Stage wins,one day races with Nibali.Hes a great rider for himself...so to speak.Hes also a "God" in Italy.Last year I was at Lomardia when Pinot won.Youd have swore it was Nibali,who came in second ! He was mobbed.

rich p and Crackle like this.
  2. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Really do people still trust a handshake ?

View: https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/1159929367226650624?s=19

3. brommers

brommers Years beyond my wisdom

Another Brit youngster from Wiggins Le Col, Mark Donovan, has signed for a World Tour team - Team Sunweb. Seems like our boys are in demand.

rich p likes this.
  4. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Formolo signing.for UAE.Not the best news for Dan Martin as a classics/Ardennes lead rider.

5. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Few signings for Sunweb.Still no news about Dumoulin
    Today it confirmed Belgian Tiesj Benoot is joining on a two-year deal from Lotto-Soudal, with whom he won Strade Bianche last year.

Team Sunweb has also signed a number of other riders from development and WorldTour teams.

Those new signings include: Nico Denz (AG2R La Mondiale), Jasha Sütterlin (Movistar Team), Thymen Arensman (SEG Racing Academy), Mark Donovan (Team Wiggins Le Col), Alberto Dainese (SEG Racing Academy).

The squad has also extended the contracts of Michael Matthews and Søren Kragh Andersen; both to the end of 2021

Dogtrousers likes this.
  6. dragon72

dragon72 Guru

I love Danish pro-cyclists' names. To my ears, the middle names sound like prize-fighter nicknames.
    Soren "Kragh" Andersen, Lars "Ytting" Bak, Sven "Knuckles" Bjornsen. OK, I made the last one up.

Adam4868, Dogtrousers and roadrash like this.
  7. dragon72

dragon72 Guru

Dan Martin to ICA for 2 years. Wow.
    ICA are moving more and more close to World Tour status. I think they deserve it. They've done really well in recent seasons and keep getting better. I think it's actually quite a good move for Dan Martin.

8. brommers

Who's ICA?

9. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Israeli cycling academy

10. brommers

Thanks Adam

Adam4868 likes this.
  11. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

I'm guessing at least he'll be team leader there.Nobodys going to tell Dan what to eat and drink !

12. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

He gets about does Dan!

13. Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers Kilometre nibbler

14. DP

DP Chasse patate

15. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

DP likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice