tour of britain

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by roadrash, 29 May 2019.

1. Lee_M

Lee_M Veteran

It goes right past my living room window this year, I'm so happy. Didn't see it last year, but previous year I had to ride 10 miles and 3 years ago I had to ride 4 miles.

This time I don't even have to get out of bed!

LeetleGreyCells and rich p like this.
  2. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Why is your bed in the living room? U OK hon?

3. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Nah, just paint it yellow with "ToB" on the top!

4. Lee_M

Lee_M Veteran

If they were going past my bedroom I'd be a bit worried how many drugs they were on.

But my bedroom is the ideal viewing point.

5. brommers

brommers Years beyond my wisdom

Are the Southern/Eastern stages of the race in week 2? :dry:

6. It goes past where I work in Belmont, and the cycle shop (MK cycles) will hopefully be putting on a bbq and beers as they are for Bolton ironman, so it would be rude not to watch it there!

7. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

BrumJim likes this.
  8. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

9. Crackle

Crackle ..

They're coming down a local hill which is in an appalling state at the moment. You have to claim the middle because the sides are fooked and you don't want to hit that at 30+mph. I'm looking forward to seeing all that fixed......and of course, the race...

mjr likes this.
  10. Aravis

Aravis Here for the ride.

The Worcestershire stage is finally announced as an ITT starting and finishing in Pershore. :smile:

A bit brief, though. A complete lap of Bredon Hill would've been nice, but far too long for the race as a whole.

11. GuyBoden

GuyBoden Fat bloke, pedalling slowly and enjoying the ride.

Manchester final stage excellent, I can ride to Ashley/Mobberley and watch them pass.

Are they stating that the bridge over the M56 is the KOM :wacko:

12. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

They come up Werneth Low near my house. The plan is MTB, up the sterp off road climb, then chill out at The Hare and Hounds pub. Watch race, ride home, then train into town to see finish in Manchester. There may be more beers involved.

Mrs F wants to come up the Low. Think is will be a sweary push up for her...

13. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

14. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

Plotted my route this morning to watch stage 7 . Cycling over to Fillingay then racing over to catch them coming out of Atherstone

Adam4868 likes this.
  15. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

Hmm... I have just noticed that there is a KOM at Grains Bar between Delph and Shaw on Stage 8. That is somewhere that I occasionally cycle to so if the weather is okay I'll ride up there and take a few photos of the peloton, then carry on to make a decent hilly loop of it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice