tour of britain

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by roadrash, 29 May 2019.

1. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

For anyone interested, here is the route, no doubt giving rise to the usual moans of , "well it doesn't cover much of Britain does it"
    good news for me as the final stage passes through wigan and finishes on deansgate ,Manchester .

anyone planning on going watching
    .https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/

2. Oldfentiger

Oldfentiger Über Member

Ramsbottom Rake on the last stage. That’s a stiff climb, but I think finding a spectating spot may be equally challenging.

Soltydog and roadrash like this.
  3. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

It doesn't go past my living room window so I won't watch it ..

4. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

5. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

The Berwick to Newcastle stage will be beautiful, and the finish is going to be an evil uphill sprint - a real shame we aren't living in the area any more.

roadrash likes this.
  6. Rooster1

Rooster1 I was right about that saddle

Womens tour near me next week but I can't go and watch sadly

7. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

Judging from my experience of watching a race finish there years ago, don't go by bike!

:eek::cursing:

roadrash likes this.
  8. johnblack

johnblack Well-Known Member

Three circuits of Burton Dassett Country Park will be good for me, great short steep climb and only an hour on the bike from me, plus it's a Friday, so long weekend.

roadrash likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

im not planning on going to the final stage in Manchester , it will be manic, I will watch them go through wigan, and I will go to see the finish of stage 4 at kendal, as I have done previously, cracking uphill finish at beast bank which is 11%.
    if anyone from anywhere near me (within 20 mile of wigan) wants to go to the finish at kendal, I will have room in the car.

10. furball

furball Veteran

A finish in my home town. Hurrah, might get some pot holes filled in.

brommers likes this.
  11. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Its near home for a change. Less than a mile. Werneth Low is a nasty climb. Will MTB it up there then pop home and catch the train into Manchester for beers.

12. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

Unfortunately I'm away. Is the Werneth Low climb Cowlishaw Lane? It'll be interesting to see how quick they go up if they're properly racing. They should send them up Apple Street/Cock Brow instead, that would sort the men from the boys :-)

Last edited: 29 May 2019
  13. Crackle

Crackle ..

It virtually does go past mine, I'm slightly gobsmacked actually.

fossyant likes this.
  14. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Better tidy up that front garden then, and get rid of the Cortina on bricks...

Illaveago and BrumJim like this.
  15. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Yes it is. Apple st... eeek

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice