Tour de France 2019 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by rich p, 16 Jun 2019.

1. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

It was in the bumpf that you should have read before entering!

I didn't enter that competition because I didn't want to go to the Boardman centre and I am happy with my best bike so it seemed a shame to deprive another cyclist of the chance to win them.

I have gone for the £15,000, 3 normal Bromptons, and MY Brompton - the super-duper Ti one with 6 gears. I will give away the other 3 Bromptons and keep mine for holidays.

2. Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers Kilometre nibbler

View: https://twitter.com/France2tv/status/1155783667253415937?s=19

3. suzeworld

suzeworld Über Member

Great photos, foghat, thanks.

Foghat likes this.
  4. cisamcgu

cisamcgu Guru

Dogtrousers likes this.
  5. Dogtrousers

Another stupid and meaningless re-ranking.

At the suggestion of Michael Hutchinson on Twitter, how about an elimination race?

View: https://twitter.com/Doctor_Hutch/status/1155231613053276161

This left 7 still in the race at the end of stage 21. Then I took the order of finishing in the final stage.

And lo and behold, WGG came second

1 ALEJANDRO VALVERDE MOVISTAR TEAM
    2 GUILLAUME MARTIN WANTY - GOBERT CYCLING TEAM
    3 EGAN BERNAL TEAM INEOS
    4 GERAINT THOMAS TEAM INEOS
    5 STEVEN KRUIJSWIJK TEAM JUMBO - VISMA
    6 NAIRO QUINTANA MOVISTAR TEAM
    7 RIGOBERTO URAN EF EDUCATION FIRST

It's worth noting that in nearly all of my silly what if reassessments Bernal, Thomas and Kruijswijk come through unscathed.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2019
    smutchin likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Adam4868 likes this.
  7. cisamcgu

cisamcgu Guru

But we only see Froome days after the event, an event that was his own fault (I think). Pinot is just so unlucky :sad:

BrumJim likes this.
  8. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

I like a bit of passion but Pinot.Yea I feel for him but I do for everyone else as well (Barr Bouhanni obviously ! ) Get over it and move on.

roadrash and rich p like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    rich p

^_^

10. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

Potentially first French winner of the Tour since 1985, showing great form having pulled back a lot of what he lost in the crosswinds stage. Something he had been working towards all his adult life.Minutes after his abandonment

I think he's allowed to show his emotions, stages of grief and all that, innit. I'm sure he's at the "acceptance" phase now

11. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

I didn't say he wasn't,I did feel for him.But a lot of those riders have been in the same position.I felt for Rowe getting sent home,I felt for Bennet getting bottles and fecking his chance,I felt for Allaphillipe getting so near yet so far,Thomas for missing his chance for a second Tour,Fulgsang for crashing out...I could go on and on.Pinot got a injury and couldn't carry on.shoot happens,if he's mentally strong enough to win a Tour he will get over it and come back stronger.
    As will Froome !

12. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

13. OP
    OP
    rich p

14. Dogtrousers

If true it's a staggeringly dumb move on their part. I mean, even I know enough not to deviate from the tried and trusted nutritional science of peanut butter and marmite sandwiches before a big audax.

BrumJim, Fab Foodie, downesy and 4 others like this.
  15. OP
    OP
    rich p

It could be an excuse though.
    However, it's a poorly run team that changes nutrition to something untried, and then forgets to supply food for the riders after one stage and have to get some pre-packed dross from the motorway services

Dogtrousers likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice