The ultimate Sir Keir Starmer thread

Excuse my naivety, I know that I don't observe the political scene as closely as many in the UK, but am I the only person in the country who couldn't determine if Corbyn was for or against Brexit?
It seemed to me that any political leader who failed to make clear their stance on such an important issue didn't deserve to win an election.
My phrase of the week...'plausible deniability'.

Adam4868

Guru
My phrase of the week...'plausible deniability'.
You speak very highly of yourself.

In all honesty I can't say that Keir looked at all forensic today with his questioning following the PM's statement.

Is he running out of steam?
Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. Are you usually a Keir Starmer supporter? For some reason I didn't have you down as a Labour supporter.

Starmer must have been bad because, compared to Boris, my Gran, who died 20 years ago, would look forensic. I find it difficult to admire his forensic approach to the pandemic restrictions, Test/Track/Trace, and writing a briefing by the 4.00 pm planned time.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...

Adam4868

Guru
Moaners gonna moan...

It's like the Covid threads all over again. Which is likelier - that an expert in the law and due process has made sure that law and due process is followed, or that someone with an axe to grind and a partial understanding of the subject in hand has found an error?
Strange comparison with Covid threads ? In fact feck all to do with it...but whatever.

Strange comparison with Covid threads ? In fact feck all to do with it...but whatever.
I think the bit about axes to grind and partial understanding applies to a lot of threads.

What we need is an expert, impartial inquiry into how forensic Starmer really is or how much he is just paying lip service to it.

Adam4868

Guru
I think the bit about axes to grind and partial understanding applies to a lot of threads.

What we need is an expert, impartial inquiry into how forensic Starmer really is or how much he is just paying lip service to it.
No you've lost me,trying to say it's similar.to Covid threads is bollox.
Maybe ask Blair's opinion ? Seems to have crawled out of the woodwork again.The irony that he's still in the Labour party.

SpokeyDokey

64 and a little bit.
Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. Are you usually a Keir Starmer supporter? For some reason I didn't have you down as a Labour supporter.

Starmer must have been bad because, compared to Boris, my Gran, who died 20 years ago, would look forensic. I find it difficult to admire his forensic approach to the pandemic restrictions, Test/Track/Trace, and writing a briefing by the 4.00 pm planned time.
No, definitely not a Labourite.

I was merely wondering what the party faithful thought of SKS's rather toothless session in the HoC yesterday.

He came out guns blazing a while back and the press and some acolytes were praising his intense forensic style which certainly wasn't in evidence yesterday.

No, definitely not a Labourite.

I was merely wondering what the party faithful thought of SKS's rather toothless session in the HoC yesterday.

He came out guns blazing a while back and the press and some acolytes were praising his intense forensic style which certainly wasn't in evidence yesterday.
In contrast to Boris's scintillating performance, which unfortunately for the country is in evidence every day.

As a Tory supporter you need to worry more about Boris's regular abject performance than one session by Starmer. But it's magnanimous of you to be concerned about the views of Labour supporters, which we all appreciate, I am sure.

SpokeyDokey

64 and a little bit.
In contrast to Boris's scintillating performance, which unfortunately for the country is in evidence every day.

As a Tory supporter you need to worry more about Boris's regular abject performance than one session by Starmer. But it's magnanimous of you to be concerned about the views of Labour supporters, which we all appreciate, I am sure.
No need for sarcasm - it was a genuine question.

No need for sarcasm - it was a genuine question.
It was a genuine response, and I suspect your posing of the question in terms of Starmer's so-called "forensic" approach was just a little bit of sarcasm as well.

The ability of a party leader is not measured on one performance but a longer term basis.

It is obviously your right to criticise any aspect of Starmer's performance and I await your question to Tory supporters about the performance in parliament of Boris in terms of how do they rate his "bluster" approach on a particular day.

Adam4868

Guru
It was a genuine response, and I suspect your posing of the question in terms of Starmer's so-called "forensic" approach was just a little bit of sarcasm as well.

The ability of a party leader is not measured on one performance but a longer term basis.

It is obviously your right to criticise any aspect of Starmer's performance and I await your question to Tory supporters about the performance in parliament of Boris in terms of how do they rate his "bluster" approach on a particular day.
I'm not sure Johnson's bluster and incompetence makes much difference to his voters ? It's not like they didn't know what they were getting,whereas Starmer...some Labour voters maybe hoping for better maybe.

Top Bottom