The still nasty party....

I can't be the first to observe Patel has been all but invisible during Covid.

One might have thought the Home Secretary, with her oppo in health, would be playing a leading role in such a domestic crisis.
Yes, exactly.
One would think the police, with their damn tough rather thankless task (and undermined by the cummings fiasco) policing the lockdowns rather welcome a more visible boss rallying them and the public.
Curious.
Suggests to me that despite apparently being a bully she is somewhat crippled in her job.

So what's the hold she has got one Boris?

It wouldn't be so hard to let a home secretary go - particularly one so pretty invisible.

She did I think present ONE of the early daily covid press conferences.

Almost seemed like Boris was making a point that she was still there/in favour.

Yes, exactly.
One would think the police, with their damn tough rather thankless task (and undermined by the cummings fiasco) policing the lockdowns rather welcome a more visible boss rallying them and the public.
Curious.
Suggests to me that despite apparently being a bully she is somewhat crippled in her job.

So what's the hold she has got one Boris?

It wouldn't be so hard to let a home secretary go - particularly one so pretty invisible.

She did I think present ONE of the early daily covid press conferences.

Almost seemed like Boris was making a point that she was still there/in favour.
She has basically one message...."I will be tough on immigrants and criminals". That message appeals to her supporters in the Tory party despite her extreme limitation at anything that requires empathy, honesty or intellectual ability.

C R

Veteran
She has basically one message...."I will be tough on immigrants and criminals". That message appeals to her supporters in the Tory party despite her extreme limitation at anything that requires empathy, honesty or intellectual ability.
I think you mean her extreme limitations at anything other than tough talk?

Adam4868

Guru
It's the other way round. She relies so heavily on Johnson that she will back him to the hilt and do whatever he wants as long as she doesn't lose her status. And that is how Johnson packs his cabinet.
Who isnt like that in his cabinet,he's surrounded himself by goons ! I'd say the only one any different is Gove and he's a freak..he's a case of keep your enemies close.

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
I'm not usually one for sharing parody tweets but this one is too good not to:
View: https://twitter.com/MrMichaelSpicer/status/1330477554906574849

All uphill

I didn't recognise you but I knew your bike
Nailed it. This is precisely the key to understanding the whole affair.
A lot of people in the party are supporting her uncritically, saying "well, she's never bullied ME", which betrays a lack of understanding of the mechanics of relative power.

As you say, bullies don't bully everyone, they single out and target those that are most vulnerable to bullying.
They then deliberately isolate the victim, while being perfectly pleasant to those they're not bullying, which is exactly what makes it so insidious.
It's not about being sharp-tongued or dominant. It's about psychological manipulation.
And the victims are not always the obviously less assertive people.

Sometimes, in my experience, it's just one little feeling of vulnerability the bully zooms in on.

Top Bottom