The Post-Brexit Thread

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Stop it now.
Yes everyone, listen to your uncle @winjim .

We're supposed to be annoying everyone with drear Brexit chat.. :rolleyes:

Not having fun with aggro-kultural, grain based punnage.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Ok.

Well, I for one can't wait for Brexit so that I, as benevolent dictator, can rule over the chard remains of Britain.

You wish to be 'January King'

??
Someone rather green and cabbage looking has beaten you to it, I'm afraid.

It's because I suggested that the posting rate was slowing down, isn't it?

Exactly :blush:

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
Sorry people, back on topic with this story...

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-checks-causes-five-mile-lorry-queues-in-kent

So much hubris to pick on, but I’ll go with Dominic Raab on this one...

"I hadn't quite understood the full extent of this but... we are particularly reliant on the Dover-Calais crossing"
Queues of trucks stretching for five miles unexpectedly built up in Kent on Tuesday after the French started a trial of post-Brexit checks.
The word "unexpectedly" in the first sentence is clearly doing a lot of heavy lifting. Maybe we can use its lifting capacity to improve our logistics throughput across the channel?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Sorry people, back on topic with this story...

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-checks-causes-five-mile-lorry-queues-in-kent

So much hubris to pick on, but I’ll go with Dominic Raab on this one...

"I hadn't quite understood the full extent of this but... we are particularly reliant on the Dover-Calais crossing"
They really hadn't thought this 'brexit' malarkey through had they, I'd have big Nige personally apologising to each and every lorry driver for the next couple of years until it gets sorted out. :cursing:

BTW I wonder how many drivers will be unable to move out of the jams because they're 'out of hours' due to this s..tshow. :rolleyes:

Reactions: mjr

C R

Veteran
We all knew what we voted for! :rolleyes:
We'll, being serious now, I, and I suspect you as well, knew what I was voting for. I also suspect that brexiters knew what they were voting for, though they will not admit what that is.

Unfortunately they won't be getting what they were voting for, instead they will be getting all the things that they were notionally complaining about from the EU (lack of accountability, faceless bureaucrats, cronyism ...) times a thousand.

Bah, you and your facts, don't you know that reality is overrated? Why can't you enjoy your unicorn?
The trouble is the article is not all facts but opinions extrapolated from facts.

It is a fact that shipping prices could rise, and probably have risen, significantly but price rises of 300% (for white goods and staple foods) is outside the shipping company's expertise and is an opinion.

There is no need to exaggerate the problems that Brexit (in this case allied to Covid) will cause with a headline saying 'could'. They may as well write 'could or could not' rise by 300% but that would not give the East Anglian Daily Times the chance to get a scoop over the FT.

Top Bottom