The Post-Brexit Thread

Rusty Nails

We remember
A shame many are wanting to return back to Vesta days.
Whether we are in or out our love of foreign foods is here to stay.

But I suspect you are referring to the "good old days when we ruled the world" attitude that so many have.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The diet of people in the UK has changed immensely over the past 50 years. We have possibly a wider range of nationality restaurants than any other country in Europe.

We've moved on a bit since a Vesta curry was considered daring.
Firstly, I doubt that claim about restaurant variety. The UK is far from the least diverse, but I don't believe it's the most diverse in Europe. What's the basis of that claim?

And secondly, the day Brits eat more weight of UK-caught mackerel and herring than imported cod and haddock will be long after I've gone!

lazybloke

Let's go sledding
Pretty sure if the Brexit campaign had a big bus with 'Brexit will cost 200 billion pounds' rather than will save 350 million a week the result might have been different. But hey when was honesty a pre requisite of politicians, or brains for voters?
Quite - our charming Brexiteer acqaintances had plenty of warnings about the economic impact of leaving, especially if on WTO terms.

Hopefully some 11th hour deal will still be struck to avoid WTO terms, but if not there will quickly be a scrabble to get round the negotiating table again. The trouble is, any deal will be very limited in scope compared to all the wonderful advantages and opportunities of membership.

Rusty Nails

We remember
Firstly, I doubt that claim about restaurant variety. The UK is far from the least diverse, but I don't believe it's the most diverse in Europe. What's the basis of that claim?

And secondly, the day Brits eat more weight of UK-caught mackerel and herring than imported cod and haddock will be long after I've gone!
Not a claim, more a hypothesis. That's why I said possibly. And I CBA to research it.

The fish claim is a bit of a red herring.

Last edited:

stowie

Legendary Member
Stowie, please stop blagging. Who are you trying to impress here? I'm not one of your poor employees who has to take all the nonsense and brags and blags you write as gospel.

The EU itself said multiple times about an association agreement as a possible way forward/model/whatever you want to call depending on how far along things were.

Nor can Moldova, Ukraine and Georgia stop us having an associate agreement in some form with the EU. You are, not even wrong on that point.
Ah, I see. Leave out the key part of my post, extrapolate wildly on the bit you choose to post and then post as if you were talking about one thing when you actually posted about something else.

Too much time wasted going on about canada and not enough time on things like the DCFTA.
DCFTA is not an association agreement. Although it sits within one. I assume you meant Association Agreement when you said DCFTA.

stowie

Legendary Member
Charmless as ever
I find it vaguely entertaining.

It is the certainty with which the statements are made having absolutely no idea who I am, what I do, or pretty much anything about me that I enjoy.

Still, I need to go back to my Undergound Bond Lair to gain a moral boost from the unquestioning adoration of my employees and then it is straight into the weekly CycleChat Illuminati meeting. It is all rather tiring.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Still, I need to go back to my Undergound Bond Lair to gain a moral boost from the unquestioning adoration of my employees and then it is straight into the weekly CycleChat
Shhh!

You're letting out the secrets of the top secret CC club des élites. And the first rule of the CC club des élites?

Top Bottom