Team Sky/Ineos

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by brommers, 12 Dec 2018.

1. DRM

DRM Über Member

I totally agree it’s been fascinating this year, we seem to have witnessed a changing of the guard this year, as for what’s in store, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the clouds parted, a big beam of light shone down and a Monty python style angel came down and flew alongside Bernal shouting allez allez as he rode on!

Adam4868 likes this.
  2. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I'm conscious of that too It's why I'm always undercooked when I go for a spin

smutchin, Dogtrousers and Crackle like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    brommers

brommers Years beyond my wisdom

Don't you mean you've got a hangover from being p**sed the night before? :cheers:

smutchin, nickyboy and rich p like this.
  4. chriscross1966

chriscross1966 Senior Member

Would love to see it being TGH but might be a year too early for him to be a true contender.... love to be wrong on that last bit

5. OP
    OP
    brommers

brommers Years beyond my wisdom

I think they might go for Sosa (another Columbian, only 21) Won the Vuelta a Burgos las year and another proper climber - which is what's going to be needed in the Vuelta this year.

6. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

7. KneesUp

KneesUp Veteran

You'd have to imagine that 'G' would be up for it - he's not got that many race miles on the clock this year, and he finished 2nd at the TdF. If Skineos really do take Froome, Bernal and Thomas to the TdF next year, you have to suspect that 'G' is unlikely to win it - the team really seemed to want Froome to get to 5 prior to his accident, and IIRC, they weren't really pretending otherwise even though Thomas was the defending champion, so next year - injuries and recoveries permitting - you'd imagine they'd go with Froome/Bernal leadership. So - to get to the point - if G wants more Grand Tour titles, this years' Vuelta might be a good place to start. At his age his isn't going to win lots of any of them, so if it were me I'd try and get 1 of each.

8. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

Yep, good shout - Sosa looks like a really interesting prospect who's probably about ready to break through to the big time. But team leader? I'm sure you're right that he'll be in the team but surely more likely as support for Sivakov again, as in the Giro?
    ETA: have just seen that Sivakov isn't riding, so maybe you're right!

Osorio is another hot young Colombian, but he hasn't been picked up by a WT team... yet. I expect Sir Dave is keeping an eye on him.

9. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

Assuming Froome actually recovers to something like his previous levels, I suspect they will go Giro: Carapaz/Thomas. TdF: Froome/Bernal

Not sure about the Vuelta...Thomas+?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice