Tales from today's commute....

Lovacott

4th puncture in 4 days and only one thorn found on day 2. Yes there must be another in there which I can't find but it no longer matters as they're going in the bin tomorrow when I fit the Marathon Plus. Also had a close pass by a VW Transporter who almost immediately then stopped in front of me because he couldn't get through the gap due to oncoming traffic. I would have been able to keep moving no problem if he had waited and he'd have got through just as quickly.
I started wearing a cheap helmet camera I bought off Amazon this week and I've noticed that close passes have dropped off to practically zero.

It's a bit bulky and boxy looking but weighs next to nothing and I don't notice that it's there myself.

But it's obviously visible to anyone thinking of overtaking me and I reckon it's doing what I intended it to do (acting as a deterrent).

Ollie W

Cycling pls
First commute back yesterday after covid isolation. Was expecting to struggle but it felt like an out of body experience! Chain and pedals sound a bit clunky so some lube and cleaning needed this weekend.
Little bit cold despite new gloves and a long sleeve base layer - thankfully I’ve been bought a reflective jacket for my birthday on Monday. Not sure where it lies on the windproof/waterproof scale but an extra layer + visibility is great news!

StickyPTFE

Came across this interesting "bike" today on the B2B. There is a little placard on the back of it thst says "electric assist pedal bicycle". While it didn't look like it was capable of going particularly fast, and it did have pedals, he wasn't using them.

I am not too sure about the legality of that. In all fairness you overtook very easily, can't be that powerful.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom