Strava tarting

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Photo Winner
If you use Strava, or similar apps, could you finish a long ride just short of the intended miles?
Point raised as I was on a nighttime Sportive last night, and several riders tagged on my Strava finished the 100 miler on:-
miles.

No way could I do that! :headshake:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
If you use Strava, or similar apps, could you finish a long ride just short of the intended miles?
Point raised as I was on a nighttime Sportive last night, and several riders tagged on my Strava finished the 100 miler on:-
miles.

No way could I do that! :headshake:
No, me neither - rode the 'Epic' Vale Vélo sportive in April that was 98 miles. So I added another two miles on just before the end to finish on 100.8 miles - no way was I finishing two miles short of a century! :laugh:

And I've lost count of the times I've had to ride round the block at the end of a ride to round the mileage up.;)

OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Photo Winner
@NorthernDave Exactly! Their supplied .gpx said it was only 98.4 or summat, so we did a mile 'warmup' before we started, and due to rubbish signage, we did the extra necessary miles on the wrong roads, and finished on 100.4. :okay:
I'd have ridden past the finish line ( I did this on the BHF Norwich 100 last year as I was a mile short!)

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I used to round up, but now I'll only do that if it means an extra Eddington, not that I'm becoming obsessed at all:rolleyes:

tallliman

Veteran
For a century, if I'm close I'll do the extra. For 100km, less so. Depends how close I am, 5 miles off sometimes is enough to just stop short.

Aravis

Here for the ride.
At first sight it seems odd, but maybe it isn't. It's purely a personal thing whether an arbitrary number should be important or not.

I've always regarded achieving 100 miles as highly significant, but genuinely I couldn't care less about the 200km target which is prized by some. Last summer I was quite amused when 2 consecutive 124-mile rides both ended a smidgeon over 200km. It must have looked as though I'd done it deliberately, but I certainly hadn't.

As it happens my next ride is planned, quite specifically, to finish on 123 miles. The explanation is artistic - yan tan tethera being the relevant phrase in certain northern dialects - betraying a quite different manifestation of OCD to that mentioned above. I hold my hands up.

Top Bottom