Strava Question.

Roger Longbottom

Über Member
Funny thing happened today. Stopped at cafe I quite often stop at, had me coffee etc, continued my ride.

When I got home looked at my miles etc and it said I had achieved a second best time for me of 6 minutes something on the stretch that included the café stop. (Looking at previous times they are 20/25 minutes which makes sense)

Have Strava now "magicked out" stops on segments?

Funny thing happened today. Stopped at cafe I quite often stop at, had me coffee etc, continued my ride.

When I got home looked at my miles etc and it said I had achieved a second best time for me of 6 minutes something on the stretch that included the café stop. (Looking at previous times they are 20/25 minutes which makes sense)

Have Strava now "magicked out" stops on segments?
No, if you look at the plot, it’s probably straight lined a section because it’s shat itself. It does that from time to time. If it’s that important to you, there’s a “problem with your data” thing that you can hit to resolve issues like that.

Here’s an example of it happening on a ride I did last week.

Here’s what it should have looked like.

Last edited:
OP
R

Roger Longbottom

Über Member
Auto pause is turned on.
Auto pause is on, always has been. I am not that bothered about segment times it was just curiosity. As has been suggested perhaps Strava was having a moment as even with auto pause it would make the segment 20 odd minutes previously.

Coffee and almond cake was good mind 😀☕🍰

pjd57

Veteran
Some makes of phone don't seem to cope too well with Strava.
I don't go in for expensive models and find Moto very good for tracking.
Nokia....useless

OP
R

Roger Longbottom

Über Member
Some makes of phone don't seem to cope too well with Strava.
I don't go in for expensive models and find Moto very good for tracking.
Nokia....useless
Mine is a Moto and don't normally have any problems as you say. I don't normally check the segments only that the silver icon popped up which made me look at it. I certainly hadn't expected any good times on yesterday's ride as to quote Carlton Kirby I was "pedalling squares" for most of the ride, one of those days when you don't feel "on it" and just want to get home.

Sunny Portrush

Über Member
No, if you look at the plot, it’s probably straight lined a section because it’s shat itself. It does that from time to time. If it’s that important to you, there’s a “problem with your data” thing that you can hit to resolve issues like that.
View attachment 507831
Here’s an example of it happening on a ride I did last week.

Here’s what it should have looked like.
View attachment 507832
My wife`s from Romsey - lovely part of the world!

Top Bottom