Strava compatability hr monitors

Stevec047

Über Member
So as some of you may be aware Christmas is just around the corner and I was thinking as I am trying to get fitter and train up for a couple 50k or 100k rides next summer I was thinking of purchasing a hrm.

Question is I currently run Strava (the free version) which I really quite like as it does everything I need in terms of speed tracking my route and so on but I want to monitor my hr to track progress and to see what my poor excuse of a body is capable of.

Which monitors are best bearing in mind this whole process of getting fit has been done on a limited budget and which are compatability with strava running off a Samsung s5?

I really have no idea but don't want to be spending much more than £100 - £150

Wafer

Veteran
I got a Wahoo Tickr last year which seems to do the trick well enough http://uk.wahoofitness.com/devices/wahoo-tickr-heart-rate-strap-1.html
Think it took a few attempts to get it synced up with my phone (android) and Strava the first time, but since then I just strap it on and Strava finds it without doing anything.

I thought you needed Strava Premium to see the results, but can't see that's a requirement now? Either that or I decided I wanted Strava premium for something else...

Either way £50 for the tickr and £40 for a yrs Strava premium is still under your £100-150 budget :smile:

More of a curiosity for me than a particular training aid...

Jody

Veteran
Which monitors are best bearing in mind this whole process of getting fit has been done on a limited budget and which are compatability with strava running off a Samsung s5?
Mine was £15 from Lidl and works a treat and connects with my S3 and Note 4. Clasp is a little awkward but great value for money.

Basically any Bluetooth Smart HRM will work. There are lots of types for about £30+ that will do the job.

si_c

Veteran
Top Bottom