Should You Install E-Assist On Your Trike?

Discussion in 'Recumbents, Trikes and HPVs' started by WIGHTDIAMOND, 24 Mar 2019.

Tags:
  1. WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND Well-Known Member

This article is my take on whether or not people should install e-assist and the much debated cardio benefits of with or without.

FishFright and neil earley like this.
  2. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

I converted mine but then again the Titanium 'upgrade' to my leg didn't go too well.

3. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

If you look at it “as a tool” and use it as such it helps when you get old, passed it, an old fart :sad:

Nigelnightmare likes this.
  4. wotsthat

wotsthat Regular

read an article recently (that i'll try to find again to post here)
    saying you get just as much exercise/benefit with the assist

5. wotsthat

wotsthat Regular

having finally got rid of the car and about to build a bamboo recumbent trike ( hopefully to travel far an wide)
    I absolutely am going to have e-assist, just have to work out which hub or mid - but that's another thread

WIGHTDIAMOND likes this.
  6. BilboSmeggins

BilboSmeggins Über Member

I had e-assist on my trike, and wouldn't have been without it. You can still get the same amount of exercise, but get far more miles under your bum for your efforts. Without it, I would have been limited to more local rides, instead of really getting out and about. Added to that, there are some crippling hills where I live, that have even the most avid of cyclists forced to dismount. To be able to tackle those means that you don't have to spend hours route-planning, trying to flatten out rides into a manageable state.

WIGHTDIAMOND and wotsthat like this.
  7. wotsthat

wotsthat Regular

That is what i want - tae go further nice!!

WIGHTDIAMOND likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND Well-Known Member

9. mrandmrspoves

mrandmrspoves Middle aged bald git.

The answer is no. Absolutely not under any circumstances whatsoever..............

Unless you want.to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice