Orbea Gain

richtea

Thank you everyone. You've all been very helpful. It looks like sks are the brand to go with. I am running 35mm tyres so should be okay with any of the suggested models. There are some reports online of the Bluemels cracking due to vibrations caused by the not so smooth British roads. Have any of you guys experienced this?
I've had Blumels fitted to my bikes for about 30 years. They will break, but you do have to directly abuse them - the road has never done that on it's own. I broke one pair after ~15 years. I jammed a lot of fairly solid mud in it if I remember rightly, and distorted it (riding off-road with very tight clearance on a 28mm tyre - all my own work).

Southernguns

I've had Blumels fitted to my bikes for about 30 years. They will break, but you do have to directly abuse them - the road has never done that on it's own. I broke one pair after ~15 years. I jammed a lot of fairly solid mud in it if I remember rightly, and distorted it (riding off-road with very tight clearance on a 28mm tyre - all my own work).
Cheers Richtea. I had pretty much made up my mind to go with the Edge model but now you have me thinking about the Bluemels again - hehe! I think they may be slightly longer than the Edge and have a flap as well which will offer a bit more protection.

NickWi

Über Member
Anticipating the weather to be a bit kinder (relatively speaking) last Sunday I pumped up the tyres and charged both the main and extra range battery ready for a ride. As happens, life bit me in the bum, that ride never happened and here I am left with two batteries charged at 100% and with no immediate prospect of being able to go out for a ride to use up a bit of power to get below the 80% or so much bantered about safe maximum percentage for storage. To slightly mis-quote Meatloaf, "All charged up with no place to go".

So, is there a way of discharging the battery on a Gain other than the bleeding obvious of going out for a ride (which because of what else happened on Sunday just isn’t going to happen next weekend or for several weekends to come)?
1610570807165.png

CXRAndy

Guru
Get a 3 car lamps Headlamps. Wire in series and connect to battery terminals. Keep connected for a few hours . That will discharge them

Or find a 100W resistor around 100 Ohms

Or. Let someone else ride your bike for an hour on full assistance. That will drop voltage sufficiently

Last edited:
Top Bottom