Oh Yes!! Ya Beauty!!!

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
I've long since ceased to care about kickball sportymans, but even I felt a flicker of national pride on watching the gloveman stop the Serbi-ball from going into the gloveman's net.

The realisation that one of the players on the field was *3* the last time Scotland qualified for a tournament is rather alarming.
HOW DID I BECOME SO OLD, FRANCE 98 WAS LIKE LAST WEEK

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Didn’t watch , couldn’t watch as I’m the proverbial jinx plus I get nervous!! Yes I remember 98 WC , the last time we qualified for anything. Have to say we have been putting a team together ! We have goal scorers now !

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
Not wishing to be too sombre at this exciting moment, but they haven't won yet.

I would say 'we' haven't won yet, but while im a scotsman im not playing on the team so can't make any such claim.

T4tomo

Veteran
Even as an Englishman I was delighted the Scots qualified, but disappointed Northern Ireland missed out. would have been good to have all 4 home nations.
England vs Scotland, echos of Euro96 etc will be a cracking game, and lets hope its in front of a live audience.

I assume its from the last Nations league route, also saw North Macedonia make their debut. Also delighted Hungary beat Iceland, we don't need that banana-skin again and Hungary have some pedigree, albeit mainly in the 1950s.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I happened to watch the second half, extra-time and penalties.

It was a pretty poor game with two mediocre sides. Penalties were well taken though :smile:

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus

View: https://youtu.be/jtjfkEIeXfQ

Good to see Andy Murray get into the spirit of it. 😁
That was a bit more animated than I was. But I did grin when I saw this video from the dressing room afterwards:
View: https://twitter.com/ScotlandNT/status/1327023447332057088

As an aside, I would strongly advise against looking at social media about this. Some fans of a certain persuasion think that celebrating a country doing well in a sportsball game is a political stance.

matticus

Über Member
The realisation that one of the players on the field was *3* the last time Scotland qualified for a tournament is rather alarming.
HOW DID I BECOME SO OLD, FRANCE 98 WAS LIKE LAST WEEK
When this sort of thing happens, I just find some current pictures of Diego Maradonna.
(But I am English).

Top Bottom