New to cycling

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by David1006, 1 Aug 2019.

1. David1006

David1006 New Member

Hi Everyone
    I'm Fairly new to cycling , bought a mountain bike couple of months ago , but now wishing I bought a road bike as its mostly roads and cycle paths I'm using , without going to the expense of buying another bike I'm looking for advice on changing the tyres on my mtb any help would be much appreciated

2. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

Hello David and welcome to the forum.
    Could you post a pic of the bike in question or let us know the make and model.

David1006 likes this.
  3. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Depending on wheel size there's a number of road/path options, from those with a bit of tread to slick tyred.

David1006 likes this.
  4. Slick

Slick Veteran

A good set of road tyres would help quite a bit. Consider puncture protection if you are a commuter.

David1006 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    David1006

David1006 New Member

Thanks for the replies , it’s a carerra fury with 27.5” tyres

6. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

Last edited: 1 Aug 2019
    David1006 likes this.
  7. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

:welcome:

If you look on the sidewall of the tyres there will be a pressure range something like ' inflate to 35-65psi' try keeping them at the maximum pressure quoted.

David1006 likes this.
  8. tom73

tom73 Über Member

:welcome: Better tyres will help for sure have a look at the link @Cycleops suggests.

David1006 likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    David1006

David1006 New Member

Thanks for the help , I will have a look into this

Cycleops and tom73 like this.
  10. Waterwheel

Waterwheel Regular

I am the opposite. I am an old cyclist who first started cycling at the age of 5. So that is 47 years on and off in the saddle. I have had breaks from cycling though of up to two years at a time. I remember back in the 1970s and early 1980s there were far less bicycle chain stores. Most were independent and gave a really good service. Halfords was one of the first bicycle chain stores but generally their bicycles and service was crap. I got through two Halfords bikes within a matter of months back in the late 1980s.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice