Metabike 700 for sale. Now sold.....

Discussion in 'Recumbents, Trikes and HPVs' started by BlackPanther, 13 Oct 2018.

1. BlackPanther

BlackPanther Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.

So, the Metabike has sat unridden since I acquired the Catrike 700. The reasons? Well, I commute 25 miles per day, and the Catrike is much better for carrying my work gear. Also, I bought the Metabike mainly for ride outs with mates, but.....it’s too fast! I found myself just not enjoying playing the waiting game or just not having to put the effort in that makes a ride out enjoyable. The Catrike keeps up nicely though, so it gets used all the time.

The Metabike comes with a choice of the 700 wheels fitted (durano front, durano plus rear), or I can fit the 26inch wheels if you’re after comfort over outright speed, plus it would bring the seat a bit lower to the ground, (these have Marathon racers front and rear). It comes with SRAM X-0 front and rear shifters, and X9 rear mech.

The Ventisit seat fitted is almost brand new, as I’ve only ridden on it for about 5 miles on todays test ride. I bought it as the rubbery seat that came with it made for an uncomfortable (and sweaty back) ride.

Overall condition is ‘average’ for the frame, as it’s been stored in a crowded garage, and has a fair few minor scratches, all from storage, it’s never been dropped or had on ‘off’.

I’ve owned a fair few ‘bents, and this is the best at climbing by a fair way. It’s also quick on the flats, probably a tad quicker than my old Bacchetta Strada.

So, if there are any speed demons out there, send me a pm. Can’t seem to get many pics on here, but I can email more. I’m looking for around £1200, but open to offers.

Cheers, Carl. 059A6D5D-E496-4F5E-A0BF-C69A1E3AE7C6.jpeg A7E6F8EF-4617-4579-AF3F-7D43966E4468.jpeg 53ABA041-60A7-4A63-B897-2E77AAA29DEB.jpeg F513F0B7-034F-471E-84D3-CEBA37177282.jpeg B3C94AA5-8DE1-4129-855C-115BA310EDFF.jpeg 1BAB11DB-7939-42ED-9480-0794C694FEC8.jpeg D0367073-2F96-4390-BC72-4D548196C0AC.jpeg 845CDF42-F711-4284-B176-59C077A208D3.jpeg 0EC073A4-228A-4A27-8758-43D446916B2E.jpeg

Last edited: 13 Oct 2018
    plantfit, classic33 and cosmicbike like this.
  2. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

That's very nice indeed. But my Trice Q and Optima Lynx don't get ridden enough as it is (and I have no space...)

3. OP
    OP
    BlackPanther

Price drop, will take £1,000 for a quick sale, need the space, need the cash for a new machine!

Cheers, Carl.

4. JohnBeach62

JohnBeach62 New Member

Hi Carl. it might seem a stupid question. but what size of person will your bike fit. I've just been told I cant ride my road bike for a while, if at all. so looking for a alternative. Cheers John. ps: I'm 5ft 7"

5. PaulM

PaulM Veteran

You might be ok with the 26" wheels fitted, or might not. Depends on your balance and flexibility I'd say. It also assumes you are comfortable having your feet that high above the ground.

neil earley likes this.
  6. Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo Veteran

John B ??
    Check the BHPC forum ......it suggests the Metabike is being collected this Saturday by a forum member "Owen H "

7. OP
    OP
    BlackPanther

Hi John. I’m 5ft 8” so it’s set up for ‘our’ size. I’m shortish in the leg so anyone much taller would have to add some chain links. It’s still for sale btw.

8. JohnBeach62

JohnBeach62 New Member

Hi if it's still available. I'm off middle of next week. So could come and see it
    Cheers John

9. OP
    OP
    BlackPanther

I’ve sent you a pm, John. Cheers, Carl.

10. YukonBoy

YukonBoy The Monch

Looks nice. That model is said to be a decent climber

11. OP
    OP
    BlackPanther

Did you get the pm John?

12. Snippip

Snippip Regular

Hi

Is the bike still for sale?

13. OP
    OP
    BlackPanther

Yes it is. Cheers, Carl.

14. OP
    OP
    BlackPanther

Need the space in the garage as I’m eyeing up another trike. Will take £950.00 for a quick sale, and to avoid the eBay route.
    Cheers, Carl.

Last edited: 4 Jun 2019
  15. RDS

RDS New Member

This may be an old post but is your metabike still available?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice