Irresponsible Dog Owners!

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by hoppym27, 22 Feb 2018.

1. Jody

Jody Veteran

I see your point. I'm on about local bridleways, the Trans Penine Trail and some of the shared footpath/cycleways etc.

2. Grievesy

Grievesy Active Member

Doesn't need to be aggressive. it has clearly caused fear and alarm. Might not be top priority for the Police however it should still be investigated. Especially since it can be corroborated (the big thing these days other than he said, she said)

a call to the dog warden however... would go further.

3. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

It has to cause fear of injury, not just fear and alarm.

4. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

The officers dealing with our case in the winter told me it would’ve been sufficient if my daughter had ‘just’ been terrorised. They were accessory Staffies. Studs, chains etc And an owner who had absolutely no social confidence when I took him to task. Thick as a plank.

The fact that nothing ever came of the report points to the fact our Avon & Somerset police force is seriously underfunded and under resourced.

They even tried to weasel out of dealing with it because I didn’t have a number plate! I never knew dog owners walking their animals in a field, far from any road would have a number plate hung around their neck. Twits.

But what really gets my back up is that we have always owned dogs. My daughter is now terrified of them. I thought we were making progress until this morning. It is evident she is still very scared of some dogs.

Drago likes this.
  5. skudupnorth

skudupnorth Cycling Skoda lover

Must have a better class of dog owner on the NCN55, not had any issues and am on first name terms with some owners and extra petting rights with their dogs :laugh:

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice