I wasn't expecting that!

13 rider

Guru
Glad your back on the bike ,

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ah well, nearly 3 months of hard work and I finally got my first ride in of any note today. I did my normal 50k route in some pretty tough conditions and couldn't believe how hard it was or how slow I was. :blush:
Important thing is that I'm back on the bike, feeling a bit sore but quite content to finally put this behind me. 👍
:bicycle: :becool:

Colin Grigson

Manager of The Month
Ah well, nearly 3 months of hard work and I finally got my first ride in of any note today. I did my normal 50k route in some pretty tough conditions and couldn't believe how hard it was or how slow I was. :blush:
Important thing is that I'm back on the bike, feeling a bit sore but quite content to finally put this behind me. 👍
Well done Slick - first ride back and 50Kms isn’t to be sniffed at :becool:

OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Well done Slick - first ride back and 50Kms isn’t to be sniffed at :becool:
I'm delighted. A couple of short but not insignificant climbs out the saddle which was a good test. Around 15 to 20k was a bit of a slog into a tough wind and squally showers that had me sheltering under the M77 flyover chittering for a bit, but had to grit my teeth and just go for it. I baled out just a couple of miles short of Fenwick and zig zagged my way home from there. Still feeling a bit sore now but it's a definite start. :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Have a good stretch and a nice soak in the bath this evening.
Presumably the surgeon / physio cleared you to cycle? Been using gym bike or turbo to increase Range of motion?

OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Have a good stretch and a nice soak in the bath this evening.
Presumably the surgeon / physio cleared you to cycle? Been using gym bike or turbo to increase Range of motion?
I've never been so bored trying to build up the strength in the gym, hate it. Surgeon felt I should spend the winter in there but I honestly couldn't cope with that and any thoughts of investing in a turbo have been completely squashed. I have been seeing a new physio though and she seems to know her stuff and it was her words of wisdom that got me out today. She has shown me a few new stretches and now have a bit of a warm up and cool down ritual that I need to do that I've never been great at.

Top Bottom