I think Trump deserves his own thread ....

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Well will you look at that.. :ohmy: Whooduv thunk it???

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Lets just put things into perspective, with a couple of photos. This is the sort of "protestor" at the Capitol Building last night:

View attachment 567677

He was later photographed inside the Capitol, so no, he wasn't an innocent passerby.

View attachment 567678
This lovely gent has been deliciously arrested, according to NBC Nightly News.

MntnMan62

Über Member
Most of us knew it would happen. He does it to everyone. Trump has been stiffing his contractors, brokers and attorneys for decades. And many of the people he hires are small family owned businesses that can't afford to be stiffed. Many have gone out of business because of Trump. This was one of the many reasons I could never even consider voting for this guy in either 2016 or 2020. He really is the lowest of the low.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-wont-pay-rudy-giuliani-election-legal-work-032513094.html

Update: In addtion, I wonder how many US cities and municipalities are still owed money from the Trump campaign for providing security during his visits for rallies. I bet the list of unpaid security reimbursements is a long one. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Giuliani “The arrangement is we’ll work it out at the end.” :laugh:
He surely saw how Trump dealt with people?

A while back, I had the misfortune of spending years dealing professionally with someone who, like Trump, thought he could do and take what he wanted. - Only without the presidential power and the same number of (alleged) zeros of wealth. He, as Trump is now finding, discovered their world unravelled with miscalculations clouded by ego.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Most of us knew it would happen. He does it to everyone. Trump has been stiffing his contractors, brokers and attorneys for decades. And many of the people he hires are small family owned businesses that can't afford to be stiffed. Many have gone out of business because of Trump. This was one of the many reasons I could never even consider voting for this guy in either 2016 or 2020. He really is the lowest of the low.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-wont-pay-rudy-giuliani-election-legal-work-032513094.html

Update: In addtion, I wonder how many US cities and municipalities are still owed money from the Trump campaign for providing security during his visits for rallies. I bet the list of unpaid security reimbursements is a long one. Just sayin'.
Yep, I've seen reports that say there is a few but whilst he's President they can't go after the debts but once he's no longer in office they can.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
it was a premeditated inside job

Panic buttons in the congressional office of Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., were removed, without explanation, some time before a pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol last week, according to her chief of staff.

Sarah Groh told The Boston Globe that, during the Jan. 6 riot, she looked for the buttons in the office as she and her colleagues attempted to barricade themselves inside. Pressley's office confirmed Groh's account to NBC10 Boston.

“Every panic button in my office had been torn out — the whole unit,” she told the paper. According to the Globe, Groh had not been been told why the buttons had been removed, though she had used them before.
NBC reports that some of the invaders had been on tours of the building (which aren't meant to be running during covid but there are some antilockdown reps) in the weeks before. I wonder if this is connected?

ebikeerwidnes

Über Member
It is not the fact that panic buttons had been removed that worries me - there may be a reason for that

BUT - the people who used that office DIDN'T KNOW the button had been removed - that is the point that makes it look suspicious
If they were being removed for a reason - you would tell the people who might want to use them

roley poley

would like to know if the panic buttons were ripped out or removed as one way sounds like opportunist sabotage the other backed by paperwork permission with trackable signatures???

Top Bottom