I think Trump deserves his own thread ....

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Some might argue he's already crossed that line. He was quoted as saying to the Proud Boys to "stand back and stand by". Stand by? That sure is an incendiary two words in the context it was spoken. And what about Don Jr.'s comment that during this pandemic he's going to "clean my guns." In my view Trump is already there. Now it's just a matter of how strong his rhetoric will be. Clearly there are lots of his followers who have already voiced their readiness to go to war for him. I'm sure there will be some who take matters into their own hands based on the comments Trump has already made. Frankly, if he does make a more direct call to arms that creates real widespread chaos and violence then I suspect he'll be tried in late January for treason. Because his call to arms would be in direct violation of the law. He's had his opportunity to present his case in multiple court rooms across the country and each and every one of them has been thrown out for lack of evidence. Therefore, any attempt on his part to create chaos over the election directly violates the law and is intended as an attack on the government of The United States of America. I believe that fits the definition of treason. His tax dodging will be the least of his problems.
So he's proving that he is actually Putin's puppet, Vlad must be chuckling into his vodka right now. :ohmy:

MntnMan62

Über Member
So he's proving that he is actually Putin's puppet, Vlad must be chuckling into his vodka right now. :ohmy:
Further evidence of treason. One way or another, either for tax fraud or treason, he needs to spend the rest of his days in prison orange. Maybe he'll go back to his orange hair and orange spray on tan.

All uphill

I didn't recognise you but I knew your bike
I would love to see all democracy loving people stop listening to him and caring about him and what he says.

But it's difficult , isnt it? That's his skill - keeping our attention.

And that is my last ever post on this subject!

MntnMan62

Über Member
Given the problems with the gun carrying Trumpist democracy denyers in the US that could be the catalyst for real trouble in some states.
It probably will be. I see this kind of trouble as inevitable given Trump's not so veiled encouragement of his cult followers. I'm in a densely populated solid blue state so the likelihood of anything happening here is small. The key battleground states like Georgia and Michigan seem ripe for some of this nasty stuff to rear it's head. All we can hope for is that very soon he comes to his senses and realizes that he lost fair and square and he slinks away like the cockroach he is. Not likely. But it's still somewhat possible.

Last edited:

yo vanilla

Remember the kid Kyle Rittenhouse who shot and killed two protesters and was then ignored by law enforcement while they unleashed righteous justice on “tersts” and “anteefa”? He’s out after making the $2M bail thanks to contributions from Patriots. Tellingly, his dad wanted a much higher bail figure.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...48bbdc-2b77-11eb-9c21-3cc501d0981f_story.html
A 17 year old obtains an assault rifle illegally, or hell has one AT ALL leagally or not!! - drives across state lines to a protest/riot, and shoots people. It's still insane to me how anyone could side with this, no matter what side you are on. It doesn't make sense on any level. The idea that people would support this or even cheerlead this... It's like another metaphor for everything going on right now.

Reactions: C R

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Given the problems with the gun carrying Trumpist democracy denyers in the US that could be the catalyst for real trouble in some states.
to hell w/ them. they are waaaay outnumbered by us normal ppl. lock up the creep
You may outnumber them, but they have all the guns. :hungry:

You may outnumber them, but they have all the guns. :hungry:
Given that there are so many nut-jobs with guns on both sides, in addition to the 'normal' people who have guns, there could be a lot of unnecessary deaths.

What is the definition of treason in the US that Trump could be charged under? Is doing untold harm to the country and its reputation by his behaviour as the democratically elected President covered under the US treason laws?

I don't like forecasting anything in politics, especially in this chaotic time, but I will forecast that Trump will not be tried for treason, nor will he spend one day in jail for his financial crimes and tax lies, and certainly not for colluding with Putin.

Top Bottom