I think Trump deserves his own thread ....

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'd never heard of the Lincoln Project before. What a fantastically inspired idea.

I'd never heard of the Lincoln Project before. What a fantastically inspired idea.
In reply to who is your audience a spokesperson said "we have an intended audience of one". They basically troll Trump from minute to minute as they know he reads their account postings and occasionally is foolish enough to respond. They know it winds him up and they know that he knows they are dangerous for him.
It comes to something when members of the incumbent party are telling people to vote for the opposition. The Conway (Kellyanne Conway) marital bed must be like something from a sketch show. Her husband George is one of the founders while she is an advisor to Trump.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53371756

Trump has free’d Roger Stone from his 40 month sentence, claiming he’s a victim of a Russian hoax.

He’s got to the point where he knows that it will make no difference. His base don’t care and anyone that does care would never vote for him anyway.
That's after his moaning got his sentence down from 7-9 years to 40 months. So openly corrupt in everything he does.

stowie

Legendary Member
There isn't any dinner table talk in that household. George's law practice was located in NYC. I'm assuming he's working on the Lincoln Project from there as well. His scag wife is in DC. Their daughter who is 15 has come out against both of them for attempting to block her use of twitter. But she is quoted as saying she's "sorry your marriage has failed."
Aww. Don't ruin it for me. I have been chuckling at the prospect of Kellyanne Conway, after spending all day lying for her boss going home to George knowing that he doing everything he can to expose the lies and topple her employer.

I love what George and the Lincoln Project is doing. My only concern is if it will be enough.
It is only July - 4 months to the elections. I think the Lincoln Project are only just getting warmed up...

What people like Trump exploit is that their opponents want to / have to take "the high road". So whilst Trump is mocking and lying, they are still running a campaign as if they are in a normal political campaign. It is what Trump relies upon. The Lincoln Project is doing what I call "political wet work". What is even better for Biden is that this is being done by a group of people no-one could dispute are Republicans.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It is only July - 4 months to the elections. I think the Lincoln Project are only just getting warmed up...

What people like Trump exploit is that their opponents want to / have to take "the high road". So whilst Trump is mocking and lying, they are still running a campaign as if they are in a normal political campaign. It is what Trump relies upon. The Lincoln Project is doing what I call "political wet work". What is even better for Biden is that this is being done by a group of people no-one could dispute are Republicans.
It is worth remembering however, that were it not for Trump then there may be a lack of clarity as to whether the Lincoln Project are Republicans, for it was Trump that recalled, reminded and indeed revealed the fact that Lincoln was a Republican.

View: https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1281778487041253376?s=20

stowie

Legendary Member

stowie

Legendary Member
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53371756

Trump has free’d Roger Stone from his 40 month sentence, claiming he’s a victim of a Russian hoax.

He’s got to the point where he knows that it will make no difference. His base don’t care and anyone that does care would never vote for him anyway.
Trump knows he may well lose the election. He is making sure people like Stone have the least incentive to testify against him as Trump knows things might start catching up with him once he is out of office.

MntnMan62

Trump knows he may well lose the election. He is making sure people like Stone have the least incentive to testify against him as Trump knows things might start catching up with him once he is out of office.
As much as I hope you're right, I dont' take anyting for granted when it comes to the stupidity of the US voter population. HIs base is unwavering. They love him no matter what he does, in spite of what he does and in fact, BECAUSE of what he does. Those supporters are just as vile, disgusting, racist and ridiculously stupid as he is. But there seems to be a whole lot of them here, as amazing as that is. And we have republicans in Congress who have no conscience and refuse to do their jobs. One can only hope that come November, democrats thow him out of office, expand control of the House and take control of the Senate. I'm not saying that democrats will know what to do with that power once they have it but it's nice to think that maybe something good can happen in the forseeable future. But I'm not holding my breath.

Top Bottom