"I Boris"...We Really Need to Talk About Johnson

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I do agree .. you know there's a but coming ,it's all relative I suppose I believe he has less wriggle room.
Also the European leaders are calling him out, no amount of bluster is going to make them agree to what he wants. I believe he has been found out on the biggest stage and what we are seeing now, is a man trying to bull his way out of it and imo his shortcomings are becoming noticeable
I agree entirely, when he was next to Merkel, Macron and Varadkar and when he stood across from Corbyn et al in PMQs he was brutally exposed. So he hasn't done it since.
The hardcore wont care anyway, it's the floaters. The more the EU leaders call him out the more Johnson and his cronies can double down with the nasty EU shtick, the more the opposition call him out the more they can double down on parliament vs the people. He's walking a tightrope and it wont be too long until we find out if he's got away with it, but the game plan is clear and if enough of those floaters don't see what he's doing, well, I don't want to think about that too much to be honest.

Rusty Nails

We remember
I love the way he is now getting found out now he has nowhere to hide, he has to face up to scrutiny no scuttling away .
You can't play the class clown or lovable buffoon and just bluster your way out of crap ,he now has to deal with proper grown up leaders and real politics.

With his constant mantra of we leave on the 31st October deal or not ,then saying he will obey the law he either has a master stroke to play or imho he's just a lying twat hoping someone else will pull his arse out of the fire
And yet, like Donald Trump, he has enough supporters who will turn a blind eye to his many lies, weaknesses and faults as long as he gives them what they want, in our case Brexit. Both paint themselves as on the side of the people against the vested interests of the political establishment and people lap it up.

I fear that even if he gave a Glasgow kiss to the Queen, and not just lied to her, somehow it would turn out to be to be her, or Corbyn's, fault, and to protect the democratic will of the people.

Last edited:

downesy

Über Member
Sadly you may be right and it's a pretty grim state of affairs,I hope your not and in time maybe more people will see through his act.
It seems being a misogynistic,racist lying twat ,is acceptable to some people and that's the real worry .
I do believe though that his European counterparts are wise to him,and will not give the easy ride he is used to here.

Last edited:

perplexed

Guru
And yet, like Donald Trump, he has enough supporters who will turn a blind eye to his many lies, weaknesses and faults as long as he gives them what they want, in our case Brexit. Both paint themselves as on the side of the people against the vested interests of the political establishment and people lap it up.

I fear that even if he gave a Glasgow kiss to the Queen, and not just lied to her, somehow it would turn out to be to be her, or Corbyn's, fault, and to protect the democratic will of the people.
That's one of the interesting things to have happened recently. Someone said recently (I can't recall if it was here or elsewhere) that a lot of the Brexiters are 'monarchy-botherers'. I wonder how this narrative plays out with them, the ones who are proud of Queen, Country and Flag and aren't shy of mis-appropriating the 'Help for Heroes' organization.

I suppose, to answer my own question, is that they won't actually believe that Tories did lie to the Queen, and that the MPs in the House are fibbing. We're at the point now I guess that even if Buckingham Palace actually fired him, citing lies and corruption, they'd just think the Queen had been got at by the Remoaner elites and needs rescuing.

Last edited:
She has a right not to answer.
I care not if they did have an affair, what they may have done wherever.
The key question is about favouritism and abuse of office/official contracts.
A fair conclusion on that should be able to be arrived at without needing bodily fluid samples.

Occasional neighbour (its his bolthole) is a hospital doctor from up north. He said to me "you know what bojo is", I beat him to it, "he is a sociopath". Not to be crestfallen that his observation was not news he told me that the bumbling I am just a normal man trying to do the right thing for Britain act was just that. Yes I know I replied.
Even foreigners think the man bizarre, or dangerous.

Top Bottom