"I Boris"...We Really Need to Talk About Johnson

Adam4868

Guru
Not the old "Judge him on his voting record" nonsense again. His voting record, like that of the overwhelming majority of MPs, reflects the way he was whipped.

Besides, I wasn't trying to remember him for his "leader moment", I was merely pointing out that he had actually warned us about Johnson in plenty of time for us to do something about it. Unfortunately we chose to ignore him.
Yea right don't judge him on his time as a MP..as for him warning us against Johnson,maybe you didn't have a clue what he was like.But id say it was pretty fecking clear what sort of politician/man he is and was.
Don't judge him on his voting record lol...is that the best defence he has 🙄

Adam4868

Guru
Mischievous (outsourced?) graphic designer?

Perhaps someone who knows more about typesetting can explain, but it doesn't look like your average computer cockup.
So you don't class this as a feck up...they've allready admitted it :laugh: The thick of it.
A Government spokesperson said: “As you’d expect, two statements were prepared in advance for the outcome of this closely contested election. A technical error meant that parts of the alternative message were embedded in the background of the graphic.”

Last edited:

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Mischievous (outsourced?) graphic designer?

Perhaps someone who knows more about typesetting can explain, but it doesn't look like your average computer cockup.
It looks very much like an average cockup - a result of using a simple image editor, I would guess.

The original Trump message image was "wiped" by filling it with black. Odd not to use a new image but I bet it was done to avoid an audit trail to the file as a Trump congratulation message.

However, it looks as if the colours in the fill process weren't adequately defined. The image was not a simple black/white one and looks to have been a jpg, the compression for which adds grey shades to transition areas between black and white.

If you replace the black with a lighter colour, even with a simple bucket fill in Irfanview, the bits of original text show up. If they had used a non-compressed image format, this wouldn't have happened.

Last edited:

stowie

Legendary Member
The original Trump message image was "wiped" by filling it with black. Odd not to use a new image but I bet it was done to avoid an audit trail to the file as a Trump congratulation message.
So, to avoid embarrassment of the Trump message leaking out, they simply embed it in the Biden message that they make public and send around the world. :laugh:

ebikeerwidnes

Über Member
Perfect example of over use of IT

far easier to just make 2 image from scratch - extremely simple
but some numpty made it using over-complicated software and used a far more complicated system to make 2 versions

far more impressive in the way the software was used
far less impressive use of brain

Top Bottom