"I Boris"...We Really Need to Talk About Johnson

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Mention of the blue rinse brigade reminds me of the late Kenny MacIntyre who was a political correspondent of some note. He told me that at one tory conference the blue rinse brigade kept setting off the alarms as they were going into the building. Took a while to work out the reason but it eventually transpired that they nearly all had steel reinforcement in their bras or corsets.
...and that was just the male members....

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
< ... Stewart ... >

Which docs?
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2514727/

If you click on self, you can see a list of his documentaries amongst other substantial tv appearances for a very minor backbench MP and 2015-2019 in very minor government roles.

matticus

Über Member
< ... Stewart ... >

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2514727/

If you click on self, you can see a list of his documentaries amongst other substantial tv appearances for a very minor backbench MP and 2015-2019 in very minor government roles.
I think I only watched one of his middle-east series. He came across as very knowledgeable of the region, and sympathetic to the peoples there. Did you like them? Which do you think caused problems for him?

Your comment ("other substantial tv appearances for a very minor backbench MP " ) suggests some disapproval - care to confirm/expand?

matticus

Über Member
Ah you don't like it...how's about tough ?
:P

You're welcome to your views, that's how democracy works, and you don't seem like a loon to me. You may even be right to hate certain politicians - but why bother joining an online forum to just rant blindly? You're hardly alone, it's a very popular approach, but I still don't see the point of it ...

Adam4868

Guru
:P

You're welcome to your views, that's how democracy works, and you don't seem like a loon to me. You may even be right to hate certain politicians - but why bother joining an online forum to just rant blindly? You're hardly alone, it's a very popular approach, but I still don't see the point of it ...
Thanks for allowing me...why don't you try telling me what you so admire about Rory instead.Im sure there's plenty,isn't there ?

matticus

Über Member
Tell you what peeps, I'm not "fully across" 177 pages of this thread. Is Cyclechat actually pro any current political movers-n-shakers, leaders/followers? Who are you chaps rooting for?

(I don't want to upset anyone, god forbid ... )

Adam4868

Guru
Tell you what peeps, I'm not "fully across" 177 pages of this thread. Is Cyclechat actually pro any current political movers-n-shakers, leaders/followers? Who are you chaps rooting for?

(I don't want to upset anyone, god forbid ... )
Why don't you enlighten us.

matticus

Über Member
Eh?!?

marinyork

< ... Stewart ... >

I think I only watched one of his middle-east series. He came across as very knowledgeable of the region, and sympathetic to the peoples there. Did you like them? Which do you think caused problems for him?

Your comment ("other substantial tv appearances for a very minor backbench MP " ) suggests some disapproval - care to confirm/expand?
Did for him meant that is propelled him into the spotlight more. The documentaries were popular. It's the sort of the thing the tv political chatshows love someone being a real person and somesuch and then garner the extra appearances.

We do have a problem in the UK the last 10 years of having MPs on reality tv or documentaries and then deciding they are the coolest thing ever. For me he was a backbench MP that made a documentary. That's not really an endorsement of competence. Some of my least favourite characters on cyclechat would make better MPs.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Maybe instead of trying to remember him for his "leader moment" and it was a moment.You could look at his voting record and judge him on that ?
Not the old "Judge him on his voting record" nonsense again. His voting record, like that of the overwhelming majority of MPs, reflects the way he was whipped.

Besides, I wasn't trying to remember him for his "leader moment", I was merely pointing out that he had actually warned us about Johnson in plenty of time for us to do something about it. Unfortunately we chose to ignore him.

matticus

Über Member
Did for him meant that is propelled him into the spotlight more. The documentaries were popular. It's the sort of the thing the tv political chatshows love someone being a real person and somesuch and then garner the extra appearances.

We do have a problem in the UK the last 10 years of having MPs on reality tv or documentaries and then deciding they are the coolest thing ever. For me he was a backbench MP that made a documentary. That's not really an endorsement of competence. Some of my least favourite characters on cyclechat would make better MPs.
Sounds like you need to do some research! He didn't get the docco gigs because he was an MP - there's your first clue. Enjoy!

marinyork

Sounds like you need to do some research! He didn't get the docco gigs because he was an MP - there's your first clue. Enjoy!
Don't be obtuse. I'm well aware what rory stewart got up to, no need to be an arse. He did get the documentary for his status of being an MP. Try convincing a few on cyclechat in similar circumstances to make a documentary on afghanistan. They'll get turned down.

Top Bottom