how far do you commute?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by alecstilleyedye, 18 Aug 2012.

?
  1. <1 mile

26 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. 1-5 miles

278 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. 6-10 miles

337 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. 11-15 miles

268 vote(s)
    20.7%
  5. 16-20 miles

153 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. >20 miles

237 vote(s)
    18.3%
  1. littlejojo

littlejojo Regular

My normal commute is 17 miles door to door. But if i throw in a training ride in the morning with the group i will get about 52 miles by the end of the day.

2. Sidney B

Sidney B Regular

11 miles each way - Enfield to Farringdon in London.
    Pretty good with the cycle infrastructure now in Enfield down to the North Circular.
    And then on to the sights and sounds of Wood Green, very often punctuated by an interesting smelling herb that the youth like to burn :ohmy:

3. Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist Active Member

Mine is 5.5 miles each way

4. Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist Active Member

littlejojo likes this.
  5. Zanelad

Zanelad Über Member

A little over 11 miles each way. Currently doing it 2-3 days a week.

ianrauk and Bhitucyclist like this.
  6. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

A snapshot of yesterdays (my usual daily) commute to and from work

upload_2019-5-17_9-51-10.png

7. icowden

icowden Senior Member

6 miles over all, in four 1.5 mile stages. (Bike - train - Bike twice). Last week though, cycled home all the way. 21 miles (took me 2 hours though, not including a little rest in Richmond Park)

burntoutbanger likes this.
  8. RoadRider400

RoadRider400 Well-Known Member

About 2 miles each way.
    I try once a week to do an extented route home through a nearby park with cycle lanes. Its about 8 miles and im trying to get my time down gradually.

Bhitucyclist and JhnBssll like this.
  9. MrPie

MrPie Telling it like it is since 1971

Out: 6,5km Floreat (where the 1962 Commonwealth games were held, now a bunch of houses) to Perth city centre, Oz.
    In: 19Km long route home along the Swan River
    Nectar

CXRAndy and DCBassman like this.
  10. Waterwheel

Waterwheel Regular

Back in 2010 I used to commute from Hounslow to Grays Inn Road which was a hell of a long way at least 12 and a half miles. That was when I sold the Big Issue. It used to take an hour and a half.

JhnBssll likes this.
  11. Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs Down Under Member

Do you go past the Uni and Dalkeith? That's quite a scenic route, I've ridden it before.

12. Dezzie71

Dezzie71 Member

If i take the shortest most direct route it's 4.5 miles which is too short (unless i'm running really late :rolleyes:) so tend to extend it to 20+ miles for the journey in and 10+ miles for the return leg. I'm quite fortunate in that the majority of my journey is on quiet roads and have several options route wise.

13. MrPie

MrPie Telling it like it is since 1971

I do indeed . Work in the CBD, so head down Mounts Bay Road along the Swan river cycle path, through Dalkeith and up through Mt Claremont. Stunning scenery & cycle paths are fab.

DCBassman and Shut Up Legs like this.
  14. I am currently doing a 15.5 miles route into work. I was forced into a shorter 14.5 miles commute but it had road works and busy junction making it at least as long elapsed time wise.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice