How do people do the LEL?

Ajax Bay

Guru
When you're riding through a warm day and a cold night, sock compromises have to be made, to manage both extremes and consequences. I have the option of some Aldi socks (no doubt like the Lidl ones you recommend) or some Merino wool percentage ones (I think 'On-One ?PlanetX'). The space in footwear to accommodate thicker socks is an issue: I have the option of using a pair of shoes one size up if I need to go 'thick'. Having suffered frostbite in several of my toes and frostnip/NFCI in both feet bitd (see avatar), this is an important issue for me.
The footwarmers I use (well not last year or this, yet but bought a box of 10 in 2017) are this sort:
1602586644365.png

I find they give me about 5 hours warmth, after which they get pulled out and binned.

What's really needed i suppose is some way of converting all that movement (up to 100rpm) into heat.
If anyone cracks it, send me 10 per cent of revenue.

Ajax Bay

Guru
converting all that movement . . . into heat.
Keeping pedalling keeps one generally warm, provided the rider has their clothing sorted for the likely wee hours temperatures, but the extremities do not benefit from the heat generated by 80rpm (YMMV) movement.
the simple expedient of putting on two pairs of . . . socks
This option requires space in the chosen footwear and carriage of a 'spare' pair of socks. Otherwise one's feet may suffer from being cramped, or if space then too warm during day.

Top Bottom