Hi there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thecadman, 16 Aug 2019.

?
  1. 29"

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 27.5"

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. thecadman

thecadman New Member

Come onto the forum to buy a bike.
    I love cycling and through it have lost nearly 2 stone in 3 months - am down to under 13 stone for the first time since I was at school!
    I love mountain biking and road biking and manage about 100 miles a week through commuting and cycling with wife and friends.
    Am after a folding bike after being told I couldn't put my full size on the train recently which is why I am on the site.
    Can't bear to buy a brompton - something to do with being like everyone else so looking for a Mezzo D9 or D10
    Not many years before retirement and God willing more cycling if I carry on my fitness and health.
    Greetings to all!

Spiderweb likes this.
  2. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

Hello and welcome to the forum.Well done with weight loss.
    If you're looking for a folder you could also consider a Montague or a Airnimal, not as compact a fold as Brompton or other folders but 24" wheels. Some Terns & Dahons have 20" against the 16" on the Mezzo, but you can pick them up quite cheap now.
    As for MTB wheels I prefer 26" old skool stuff. I do believe wheel size has little to do with it ride being more dependent on tyres and frame geometry.

3. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

4. Bianchi boy

Bianchi boy Senior Member

5. southcoast

southcoast Senior Member

26 inch

Cycleops and raleighnut like this.
  6. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

:welcome: 26" here too.

southcoast and Cycleops like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice