Game: Name that road!

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
OK, I do have time for a quick clue.

The far horizon including the industrial buildings is separated from the rest of the photo by a *much* larger body of tidal water than that visible in the foreground.

And as a bonus extra clue, looking at the link from @nickyboy there is a second national nature reserve in front of those buildings on that side of the water, though I'm not certain it's directly visible in shot.

T4tomo

Guru
It almost looks like the green bit is an island in the estuary, and then the heavy industry is on the opposite bank, but clearly the near side bank doesn't have heavy industry on it, at the point of photo.
The far horizon including the industrial buildings is separated from the rest of the photo by a *much* larger body of tidal water than that visible in the foreground.
so I was on the right lines. there are still a lot of bloody national nature reserves in pairs or more around estuaries

Alex321

OK, I do have time for a quick clue.

And as a bonus extra clue, looking at the link from @nickyboy there is a second national nature reserve in front of those buildings on that side of the water, though I'm not certain it's directly visible in shot.
I'm definitely getting the impression now of Severn Estuary. The visible water is an inlet, with another bit of land, then the hidden estuary, with the buildings on the far side of that.

Even as far down as Southerndown/Ogmore, you can make out buildings the other side on a clear day.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Well done.

I thought @Dogtrousers had nailed it earlier.

It featured on our circuit of the island...

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/page-1953#post-6497455

Your turn.

Alex321

Nobody got any idea?

I must say, I'm surprised, it is a pretty well known (and reasonably distinctive) road.

That is a river to my right, almost down to the mouth of it here, with a fairly extensive area of Sand dunes beyond it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom