Doping git thread

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by rich p, 10 Sep 2014.

1. johnblack

johnblack Well-Known Member

2. Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers Kilometre nibbler

Sponsored person endorses sponsor's product ...

Last edited: 19 Jul 2019
  3. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

I think a good test is if the team feel happy to talk about what they are doing.

I never heard any team say "Yeah, we dose our riders with as much Tramadol as we can. They can't feel any pain so they can do what they otherwise wouldn't be able to do. No problem, it isn't banned" so that suggests that they realised it was dodgy, even when legal. (It was finally banned in March this year, but in 2017 4.4% of all doping tests showed the presence of it.)

4. OP
    OP
    rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

5. OP
    OP
    rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Floyd Landis is a nobhead. He may be hard done by having to change the team name at the T of Utah but I honestly don't care.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/floyd-landis-tour-of-utah-demand-that-team-change-name-was-personal/

"I was back in Utah in 2009, I think, and I stayed with Greg Miller and his family," Landis said. "From what I understand he's told people, 'Floyd looked me in the eye and told me he didn't dope.' So maybe he's still bitter about that. But if that's the type of thing that gets you worked up, maybe cycling isn't the sport for you."

If you're a proven liar, computer hacker, cheating bastard, taker of public money under false pretences...

...then maybe cycling isn't the sport for you. farking hypocrite.

6. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

How the heck in Floyd still in the sport to start with ?

7. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Served his ban and no "fit and proper person" test on team ownership when granting licences, I think.

8. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Owns a cannabis farm aswell, which allways helps with the freebies.

mjr and fossyant like this.
  9. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Another banned.
    https://www.uci.org/press-release/uci-statement-on-alessandro-petacchi

mjr and Slick like this.
  10. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

Adam4868 likes this.
  11. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

And any credibility he had

roadrash and rich p like this.
  12. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Was he still making any appearance money from UCIWT Gran Fondos and the like? Might as well stop that.

I see he quit (so he wasn't questioned by other reporters at the Giro?) rather than RAI actually fire him. RAI Sport's boss reportedly still backed him. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pet...uci-accuse-him-of-potential-doping-violation/

Are RAI part of the problem, or is it right they wait for a ruling?

13. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Innocent till proven guilty or feck it he's good for ratings ?

14. Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers Kilometre nibbler

Of that generation of dopers Landis is by far the most entertaining.

He bonkers.

david k and fossyant like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice