Doping git thread

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by rich p, 10 Sep 2014.

1. Crackle

Crackle ..

A bit more on Cobo. Looks like it started as a case in 2015

2. Crackle

Crackle ..

smutchin likes this.
  3. Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers Kilometre nibbler

So there are retested samples and it's not just a biopassport thing? That would make sense.

Millar on the telly last night seemed to share my bafflement about how a biopassport that is unchanged since 2011 could change from OK to positive. He suggested new analysis techniques.

4. Crackle

Crackle ..

Apparently he was notified in 2014 about an adverse finding, so this has taken some time to come out.

Dogtrousers likes this.
  5. Dogtrousers

Thanks @Crackle

I'm not starting a "Cobo is innocent" campaign btw. I'm just curious about the biopassport thing

6. Crackle

Crackle ..

The person robbed here was Wiggins. This should have been his first GT win. Froome was there as support and only when Cobo attacked on the Angirlu was Froome let off the leash to chase. If Cobo hadn't been able to attack because he wasn't doping, Froome would have followed team orders and Wiggins would have won.

7. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Thats speculation at best ? Who's to Wiggins had it in him to win ? Great stage win from Froome there.

View: https://youtu.be/uT8DdEdhy0A

AuroraSaab likes this.
  8. Dogtrousers

I've changed my mind. I'm going to start a Cobo is innocent campaign. It's clearly a stitch up. Biopassport? That's what they want you to believe

johnblack likes this.
  9. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

View: https://twitter.com/sticky_bottle/status/1144317551851257857?s=19

Not like it's going to bother Aqua Blue.

Dogtrousers likes this.
  10. DRM

DRM Über Member

11. Crackle

Crackle ..

Without the riders knowledge is the sentence that worries me. So we just need some dodgy Directeur Sportif running a team, perhaps one with a history of doping, whose riders always seem to improve when they join and get worse when they leave.....No I can't think of one either........

rich p likes this.
  12. DRM

DRM Über Member

My thoughts too, also the bit about being neigh on undetectable

13. biking_fox

biking_fox Veteran

14. Dogtrousers

I stand to be corrected but I thought the evidence for performance enhancement was anecdotal. I'd be interested in the source for "reportedly give a 1.5 per cent performance boost and can significantly aid recovery"

That said if over use can be harmful, and if people are over using them hoping for performance enhancement (and maybe getting a placebo boost), then it's a worry for rider welfare. Especially if teams are requiring/recommending that riders use them.

Last edited: 19 Jul 2019
  15. KneesUp

KneesUp Veteran

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice