Doms Decline ?

Ming the Merciless

Formerly YukonBoy

OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
The media say all sorts, I can only go by my observation's and they certainly were not complying on this street or around this area.
But your own observation is very anecdotal. Plus you will only see people not complying.

The first lockdown got the stats right down - though it took a while. So a good whack of people complied.

What we currently have isn't really a lockdown. Apart from some shops and leisure - lots more people are at work/school. Remains to be seen if that's enough.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
1) Dr Calderwood was sacked
Seems Calderwood resigned, and with 'a heavy heart', bless her.

Her behaviour was the most egregious for two reasons.

She had been on the telly lecturing Scots to comply, and she was going up and down to her holiday home without a care in the world.

Cummings made a single trip, albeit a long one.

His profile was by far the highest of the three, so his actions attracted the most attention.

He was widely disliked, she, with her healing hands, was presumably respected.

The media piled in on both of them, but Cummings was beasted a lot more than Calderwood, so he probably did do the most damage to lockdown.

Ferguson is an also run in this shameful competition.

Adam4868

Guru

She had been on the telly lecturing Scots to comply, and she was going up and down to her holiday home without a care in the world.

His profile was by far the highest of the three, so his actions attracted the most attention.

The media piled in on both of them, but Cummings was beasted a lot more than Calderwood, so he probably did do the most damage to lockdown.

A nice take on it but your forgetting Cummings was given a slot on national tv to lie to the country.He sat there and took the p1ss.

OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru

You seem to be priming us for the bombshell that you have sympathy for Cummings....just come out and say it if that's the case - don't keep dancing around it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A nice take on it but your forgetting Cummings was given a slot on national tv to lie to the country.He sat there and took the p1ss.
FFS. He was the only one that set up a press conference at No. 10 to continue and amplify his lies.
That was after he was found out.

The sequence of events is relevant.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
All this is a convenient smokescreen to further obscure the fact that we crash out without a deal on 31st Dec [which I believe is Cumming's legacy, along with conspiring to deny the NE its Assembly].

The only people any of us can blame for that are the 17.4m who voted for it on 23.6.2016.

No distractions, and nothing... nothing... will alter my opinion that leaving the EU, under our original membership terms, was a very stupid and irrational thing to do.

Last edited:

newfhouse

Regressive elitist lefty

He demonstrated that it was possible for those with power and influence to get caught flouting the regulations but suffer no consequences. That doesn’t excuse others breaking the rules, but it does explain why many still do.

What is your point about the sequence of events?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@DRM that's still the same where I am a few miles south of Bradford. They ignored instructions from the start and have continued to do so.

Dominic Cummings et al's behaviour didn't change theirs.

Adam4868

Guru

So your happy that he lied to us ? How is it relevant.Just so you know it should be Johnson who's head rolls.I don't doubt Cummings will carry on behind the scenes.Hes Goves pet reptile after all.It must be tough knowing you voted for this.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
So your happy that he lied to us ?
That's quite a leap, even for you.

By the way, it is 'you're' - short form of 'you are'.

It must be tough knowing you voted for this.
Another ludicrous leap, unless you voted for anti-semitism, which you knew about before you put an X next to Labour.

At least when I voted I didn't know there would be a pandemic, a lockdown, Cummings would breach it, then lie about it, and so on.

I must get my crystal ball polished before the next election.

Top Bottom