Doms Decline ?

C R

Veteran
I wouldn't recommend a career as a professional gambler for you...
He didn't resign, de Pfeffel kicked him out for badmouthing his fiancé.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
end the signal to the EU that they could continue the path towards federalism and marginalising countries that didn't want to be part of the United States of Europe. A narrow majority for Remain, on the other hand, might have prompted Brussels and Strasbourg to remember that the EU is about all 28 countries.
Talking of swallowing propaganda whole...

This is hokum. The EU never has been, and never will be, about contintental federalism and marginalising countries. It has always been about getting countries to act together because the interests of all are best served like that.

byegad

Legendary Member
To be fair non or very few of the people I know who voted leave regret that decision.Im guessing similar with those that voted for the Tories/Johnson.
I think the press/social media had a lot to do with disinformation and the lies told.They willingly gave a platform to the lies of vote leave.Promising a brighter future for deprived communities.Even now the pantomime of Cummings whilst the death toll of the virus continues.The siphoning of funds to their chums accounts.
Blue passport anyone ?
Several Leavers I know were regretting their choice when I last saw them in February. I can't see much to have changed their mind.
But it is what it is, we're all in the same boat.

Reactions: C R

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I'm looking forward to new and existing UK manufacturers taking advantage of the new "Make Britain Great Again" trading conditions to replace all those goods which we've been nett importing 'til now, using British made components and home produced raw materials, to the new and improved British Standard- rated products to leave the Euro-trash in our wake... how hard can it be to make steel, cars and ships...

To be honest it is a real opportunity but only if the English get off their backsides and knuckle down to make it happen rather than complain about foreign workers taking their jobs.

Talking of swallowing propaganda whole...

This is hokum. The EU never has been, and never will be, about contintental federalism and marginalising countries. It has always been about getting countries to act together because the interests of all are best served like that.
Its a peculiar idea put about in the UK, but "EU Federalism" isn't mentioned here. It isn't wanted, or even legal under EU or national laws. It's a curious and very beautiful thing that people on both French and German sides of the Rhine where I live visit or live in each others countries, and have friends on both sides of the river but are also very happy with their own identities, and each other's.

Apparently even the "French and German Legion" has different French and German mess rooms because they still have their own cultural cuisine and style...

Personally I think the whole thing about the EU being a "wanting to become federal state" reflects the way "British" nationalists never cam to terms with the UK's real place in the modern world. I think their greatest fear is that the EU could treat England the way that England treats the other four nations.

Anyone one with an IQ over 75 knew that the moment he first opened his mouth. It's no surprise to most of the population.
I wouldn't dream of making the suggestion of @Archie_tect above, but you have again created an argument that suggests people didn't believe or trust a major leader in the leave campaign, yet decided to vote for the policies they were advocating anyway. This seems a curious basis of making a decision on how to vote.

Top Bottom