Cyclist headbutts pedestrian.

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by Cycleops, 10 Sep 2019.

Tags:
  1. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

A truly shocking scene in london when a cyclist clipped a pedestrian who was crossing the road and then attacks him leaving him badly injured;

View: https://youtu.be/yH1PbV6IpOA

Police are trying to trace the attacker.

2. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

And a bit farther down the page also in London today a car driver does a runner after hitting a cyclist and the public had to lift the car up so they could pull the cyclist out, welcome to broken Britain

3. DSK

DSK Regular

That looks like the lights were red, as the black car was stopped and there were others crossing also, making me think the cyclist flew through a red light.

Its sad to see these sort of incidents but, sadly, they are common place in our daily lives. Common sense, a bit of consideration for others is generally lost on people in this day and age.

mustang1, BurningLegs and Cycleops like this.
  4. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Charming but somewhat feckless

Hope he's caught and prosecuted soon, that was plain thuggery.

(Oh, and before anyone suggests it, he doesn't give cyclists a bad name.)

5. sleuthey

sleuthey Veteran

It's hard to see which way the green light is pointing but on the basis that other cars had stopped I'd say the pedestrian had right of way. I'm a pro helmet person but I'm glad the cyclist wasn't wearing one as he will be easier to identify

6. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference if the lights were on red or green. The cyclist ran into the pedestrian when he was well over half of the road, and then assaults him. There's absolutely no excuse. He's a thug.

7. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

It won’t be the first time he has done that. You have to be an experienced street fighter to pull off an unprovoked head butt

Andy in Germany and slowmotion like this.
  8. Chris S

Chris S Guru

You can actually see his face, anybody who knows him will recognize him.

Most of the damage seems to come from the shove, the headbutt was mainly a distraction technique

Last edited: 10 Sep 2019
    fossyant likes this.
  9. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

It was on the lunchtime London news. They said he went through a red light, and headbutted the bloke who needed stitches,

What an utter daffodil

All uphill likes this.
  10. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Blimey, nine posts in and no one has said it was the pedestrian's fault :blink:

11. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Similar happened to us at the hands of a cyclist in Twickenham, who changed lanes, gave us a punishment pass and swore at us. No wonder the public hates cyclists.

12. if you take the words cyclist and pedestrian out of the sentence, it is still assault and totally uncalled for. its road rage whatever vehicle is involved.

I hope they catch the guy

All uphill, classic33, Mrs M and 7 others like this.
  13. al78

al78 Veteran

Why is that so surprising. People on here are programmed to say pedestrian is right, anyone else is wrong based on the poor-wee-vulnerable-road-user-can't-possibly-be-wrong everyone else should look out for me because I can't be bothered to use a bit of mental effort to employ some spatial awareness attitude :rolleyes:. Not so long ago a smart-phone-dumb-user paying no attention (as is normal) stepped out into the road in front of a cyclist and got hit, the cyclist was successfully sued for a large sum of money, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on here was having orgasms condemming the cyclist and sucking up to the pedestrian, a victory for carelessness with externalised costs.

mjr, sleuthey and Bianchi boy like this.
  14. Nibor

Nibor Bewildered

Pedestrians always have the right of way until proven otherwise.

BurningLegs and fossyant like this.
  15. RoadRider400

RoadRider400 Well-Known Member

Sickening. But really that man would be a tosser with or without a bike.

Surely as its in London the police can track CCTV back/forward to work out either his place of work or the area he lives?

This needs sharing on as many different forums as possible, so hopefully he will hand himself in.

mjr, uphillstruggler, Beebo and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice