Coronavirus in mink.

OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I wonder what they're going to do with the pelts? :smile:
I dont think they can use them. They will be losing a fortune, but there is a big government compensation package in place. A lot of people will lose their jobs

Jeez. What do you do with all those mink, use them in the brewing process? I thought the bottom had fallen out of the fur trade.

My big surprise reading this is that mink farming is still big business. Does anyone still wear mink coats? What other uses are there for them?
Minkburgers?
There was a mink farm near Barcaldine in Argyll. The animal liberation nut jobs broke in one night and let them free. They have not yet been eradicated many years later tho' numbers have been reduced. Caused havoc among all native wildlife, even birds. My dive buddy was very frustrated once when we were shore diving and several were running around. He did not think he needed a gun for diving so they got away that time. He was down with traps next day.

OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Last edited:

Juan Kog

Über Member
I am just relaying what I am watching on the news. I didnt just make it up. They have big mink fur auctions, selling mostly to Asia.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20201104/denmark-to-cull-millions-of-minks-over-mutated-coronavirus
Sorry if I gave the impression I was doubting your post , it was just a poor attempt at humour. I have no doubts the virus is due to inter species transmission, and the way we live now and treat the earth .This won't be the last and could be more destructive next time.

classic33

Legendary Member

matticus

Über Member
I thought there would be more general panic/unrest about the poor Danish minks. But anyway, it got me thinking:

Do we know which animals can be infected with CV19? and is that the same as the list that can be vectors? (can they weasely be differentiated??)

Top Bottom