Christmas get together relief....what do you think??

lane

Veteran
That's both:
1. Farking stupid because most villages don't have shops or not ones selling a full range and there is no chance of delivery slots;
2. Not what the law says, which is borough/council district.

And a quick way to check if you're still in your borough is to check that the bins still say the same thing as yours or look similar.
To be honest I read the info on the link and found it contradictory and unclear. Nearest large supermarket is in Derby which about 3 miles from where I live; I could travel further to a large supermarket in my Borough but what would be the point? I don't have any long trips plannedbut my planned bike rides take me into the next county. It's all tier 3 so can't really see an issue.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
To be honest I read the info on the link and found it contradictory and unclear. Nearest large supermarket is in Derby which about 3 miles from where I live; I could travel further to a large supermarket in my Borough but what would be the point? I don't have any long trips plannedbut my planned bike rides take me into the next county. It's all tier 3 so can't really see an issue.
I think the idea of Tier 3 is partly to slow it circulating across borough borders so easily, but with workers and schoolchildren crossing so often, there will already be plenty of crossborder spread and minimising travel seems more desirable than bolstering a weak firewall line.

lane

Veteran
I think the idea of Tier 3 is partly to slow it circulating across borough borders so easily, but with workers and schoolchildren crossing so often, there will already be plenty of crossborder spread and minimising travel seems more desirable than bolstering a weak firewall line.
I agree. Most days I travel to another city for work and mix with people from at least two other counties. So being told not to leave the Borough does not really compute. Likewise my son goes to college in another city as does my daughter (both in different cities)

Top Bottom