Christmas get together relief....what do you think??

Julia9054

Guru
My son's "household " is him and two housemates. If each of them visits their parents for Christmas, and if each set of parents has another household to stay, then that's alot of households indirectly in contact with one another

tom73

Veteran
I can't see this working. My mum and dad can only see 2 of her 4 kids this Christmas. Most likely see my brother as he has a little one, but I can't see SIL only picking to see her mum and dad, and not her 3 sister's families. People will break this.

Not bothered TBH as would rather stay away from germ carrying little kids.

Going to be messy for many bigger families.
Some families are big even sticking to the figure of 3. Wonder how many will try and see family’s they can’t by going some thing the weekend before. Going with why it’s matter if it’s this week or next.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Our 2 children + their partners read the Gov't draft guidance and thought they might visit their respective in-laws for a couple of days [each of the in-laws have other children who might call in while our 2 are visiting], and then our two thought they could come up to see us for the next 2 days... we said no, we'll wait and see them another time when the post-Christmas spike has passed.

How many households mixing together would that be in total? - 6 at least! How can this Government even consider that as an acceptable solution?

Last edited:

tom73

Veteran
My son's "household " is him and two housemates. If each of them visits their parents for Christmas, and if each set of parents has another household to stay, then that's alot of households indirectly in contact with one another
That’s one of the things they have glossed over. Even if many stick to 2 thats a hell of lot if some max it out at 3 it’s even worse. It’s setting up a lot of micro or super spending events. Given the high rate of asymptotic cases it’s wont take many to be infected for things to go badly wrong.

Last edited:

the snail

Veteran
An interesting rant.
So if you’re correct why are the government wilfully damaging the economy.
What’s the ultimate gain for them?
Oh come on, keep up at the back. Johnson is in the pay of Bill Gates who wants to inject us with secret trackers disguised as vaccinations, and then kill us all with 5g.
ps. am I a bad person for looking forward to a nice quiet xmas, just a nice meal with my partner, and not feeling obliged to visit family/inlaws?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Oh come on, keep up at the back. Johnson is in the pay of Bill Gates who wants to inject us with secret trackers disguised as vaccinations, and then kill us all with 5g.
ps. am I a bad person for looking forward to a nice quiet xmas, just a nice meal with my partner, and not feeling obliged to visit family/inlaws?
I know the drill, I just need to hear it from them.
It very easy to make the argument that it’s all fake or over blown, but the argument can’t stop there. There has to be another reason why every Government in the world is doing this. And that part of the argument is far harder to justify with ONS figures.

That’s one of the things they have glossed over. Even if many stick to 2 thats a hell of lot if some max it out at 3 it’s even worse. It’s setting up a lot of micro or super spending events. Given the high rate of asymptotic cases it’s wont take many to be infected for things to go badly wrong.
It's an accepted fact that restrictions can "leak" like that. Still much, much better than not having them in the first place.

matticus

Über Member
Given the high rate of asymptotic cases
Are they people that keep on getting sliiiightly closer to sick, but never quite get sick?
;)

shep

Über Member
I don't seem to recall this reaction when the first restrictions were lifted back in July, people happily started going to the pubs, flying off on Holiday and I bet in some cases took advantage of 'Eat all you can for next to now't'

Or am I wrong and the vast majority of this forum all stayed in and and scorned the 'great unwashed' for endangering everyone's lives?

I don't seem to recall this reaction when the first restrictions were lifted back in July, people happily started going to the pubs, flying off on Holiday and I bet in some cases took advantage of 'Eat all you can for next to now't'

Or am I wrong and the vast majority of this forum all stayed in and and scorned the 'great unwashed' for endangering everyone's lives?
People have now had the experience of what can go wrong as the result of such an approach. People who are not idiots usually learn from their mistakes.

Julia9054

Guru
Everyone interprets the "rules" as they see fit and our government have shown us by example that that’s ok. Everyone thinks they are right. People who are more lax than them are covidiots and people who are stricter than them (without an obvious reason) are paranoid.

Top Bottom