Christmas get together relief....what do you think??

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Not read through the whole thread, I can see why they have decided to relax slightly as the rumours I hear are that some folk are going to do what they like at Christmas! Personally I’m not keen to risk mixing, we have come long way to get this far and I can only see carnage in the January.

Tripster

Über Member
Not all of them did.....but they must have, cause that’s what you read. Talk about preaching
Sorry. Again I had cause to be in the area and with people who involved in it first hand. I read nothing of it. But I can see you believe what you read and have zero experience

BoldonLad

Veteran
Bleating about cost.

Actually, technically, I think numbers are still limited and I've seen staff still counting people in, but the limits are now so high that the limit is rarely being hit in big shops, whereas small shops are still often limited to as few as 2 people, which is more noticeable. I still feel that smaller shops, where as well as lower customer limits, the staff can see everyone (even if they don't explicitly tell people to mask up and keep their distance, being visible does seem to make people behave better) and customers generally spend less than 10 minutes in them, are far safer than the big supermarkets containing covidiots having nice days out mostly fondling the seasonal goods or special offers aisle and then buying only a few snacks and drinks for their long walk back to the car.
I think you are right, but, I am not sure if it is "law", "Rule" or "recommendation", but, the staff at our nearest M&S Foodhall, do count how many people are in the store, and, there was a small queue, because maximum number had apparently been reached, when I came out of there last Thursday. The do not appear to be preventing "couples" entering, as they were during Lockdown 1.

Reactions: mjr

jowwy

Guru
Not read through the whole thread, I can see why they have decided to relax slightly as the rumours I hear are that some folk are going to do what they like at Christmas! Personally I’m not keen to risk mixing, we have come long way to get this far and I can only see carnage in the January.
Totally agree

Milzy

Guru
They’re trying to look like heroes when most people will do what they like regardless.
They can’t exactly go around fining millions on Christmas Day can they?
We all know the Tories are villains not heroes.

Tripster

Über Member
Oh the I’m not racists cause I got an Albanian/polish friend quote........

again you know nothing of me and if you honestly think I’m going to inform a stereo typing racist what I do, then you are mistaken........go spanner your monkey
Not friends, colleagues due to my department covering Europe, Middle East and Africa. I know you are avoiding answering questions because you have zero experience or knowledge of stuff you say.

More arrogance........
How is been in an area at the time of an incident and having first hand info classed as arrogance ??? You said I read about it but I proved different....
You are just wildly throwing insults now, avoiding answering any questions because each step you are proved wrong.
Look, you called someone prejudice, when they where not. You dribble on about racism and slavery on a thread about Xmas.
You made a mistake. You got it wrong this time.

BoldonLad

Veteran
They’re trying to look like heroes when most people will do what they like regardless.
They can’t exactly go around fining millions on Christmas Day can they?
We all know the Tories are villains not heroes.
Not a Tory. supporter, but, I don't think the decision has anything to do with Political Party, but, it does have to do with Politicians.

All three UK Nations (England, Scotland, Wales) have apparently agreed very similar "rules" (this is, I believe a first, since the Covid outbreak began).

The reason is simple (IMHO), no single leader (ie Boris, Nicola, or Mark) want to give the tabloids the possibility of a "x cancels Christmas" headline, where x is Boris, Nicola or Mark.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
People don’t appear to understand the rules. It’s an exclusive bubble of three families. None of those three families can meet anyone else.
It will make Christmas family politics very tricky. You can only see these people for 5 days. I’d rather not bother.

Landsurfer

Über Member
People don’t appear to understand the rules. It’s an exclusive bubble of three families. None of those three families can meet anyone else.
It will make Christmas family politics very tricky. You can only see these people for 5 days. I’d rather not bother.
Are you really paying any attention to anything Buffoon, Handsoncock, and their chums are saying ... really...

Top Bottom