Changes in acceptable language

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
I think everyone should walk around with a dulux color chart around their necks so people can identify exactly what to call them in the absence of a name and dependant on whether they are having a hot flush at the time. I have yet to meet a "black" person or a "white" person, even In death father was more a light battleship grey. The wife goes from "morning light" to "salsa red" depending on the prevailing mood.
This post has whiteness oozing out of it. Are you familiar with the 'one drop rule'?

johnblack

Über Member
There was a good programme on Sky Arts by Irvine Welsh the other night.I think it was called Offended ? Anyway worth a watch if your interested
As for Fairytale of New York it wouldn't be Christmas without hearing that song...whos really offended.Or is it just something for certain people to cry about ?
There are a couple of quotes that ring true for me
‘We’re manufacturing drama in order to avoid the real dramas that are out there. All this concern with identity politics, this idea that we can control this element of life when actually we can control f*** all.’
and MIA says ‘I think the most creative thing right now is to get off social media,’

Still got to watch the whole thing but it's good to see some debate.

This post has whiteness oozing out of it. Are you familiar with the 'one drop rule'?
Ffs, if you learn to read maybe you would realise I was saying I don't really give a flying fark what colour a person's skin is, ( or their race for that matter) regardless of both a wazock will still be a wazock and a worthless piece of shoot a worthless piece of shoot

Last edited:
There are a couple of quotes that ring true for me
‘We’re manufacturing drama in order to avoid the real dramas that are out there. All this concern with identity politics, this idea that we can control this element of life when actually we can control f*** all.’
and MIA says ‘I think the most creative thing right now is to get off social media,’

Still got to watch the whole thing but it's good to see some debate.
is that a quote from Irvine Welsh? the whole thing?
Definitely a lot of truth in it.
An awful lot, a hell of a lot, of identity politics is very definitely a smokescreen.
And worse.
It crops up I think, rightfully so, in stuart maconie's book the nanny state made me.
What's MIA?

Adam4868

Guru
An awful lot, a hell of a lot, of identity politics is very definitely a smokescreen.
And worse.
It crops up I think, rightfully so, in stuart maconie's book the nanny state made me.
What's MIA?
MIA is a singer/rapper/activist.

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
Ffs, if you learn to read maybe you would realise I was saying I don't really give a flying fark what colour a person's skin is, ( or their race for that matter) regardless of both a wazock will still be a wazock and a worthless piece of shoot a worthless piece of shoot
Yes, a lot of white people say they don't care about skin colour.

Adam4868

Guru
I only knew her from hearing her stuff (some of which is ace) - seems to be a lot more to her, quite impressed. (and I didn't know she was Tamil)
She's been around for a while,20 years ? I'd know her early stuff more.But yes she's good,probally not heard as much of her as she's not afraid to open her mouth so to speak.But talented and brave all the same.

johnblack

Über Member
And worse.
What's MIA?
yeah the first part is from Welsh the second from MIA, who I have heard with as I am down with the kids.

I also like this quote from him taken from an interview with Nina Power.

‘We’re all members of the Stasi now. We can all become oppressors or victims within seconds. It’s to do with fundamental changes in technology and the economy. There are basically people who believe in freedom and people who believe in being controlled. Whether on the right or on the left, they want to be told what to do.

‘I think it’s because there is a notion that we’re in this potential extinction… We look at the population changes, and zero growth, you’ve got a whole generation of kids who are going to be poorer than their parents… When people are frightened they always look for an authority figure, even if they’re an idiot. Stupid people are always certain. People feel this need for someone to tell them what to do. I can’t control anything but maybe this idiot with a bit of power knows what to do.’

God how true.

Top Bottom