Blue Hills
December is just round the corner 👍
and boris is a turkey.
yo ho ho
a bit of the web he and cummings haven't yet wiped:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53515078

OP
Blue Hills
whatevs being a shorthand for bullshit i presume.
and a wave from cummings.
at least my threadstart motivated me to do a bit of digging
and reassure myself that i hadn't misremembered/gone mad.
truly we are well past 1984

and anyone who catches a glimmer of this will be invited to reset their mind.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

Formerly YukonBoy
My wife heard today that her department will take delivery of the new vaccine commencing 1st December. She was instructed to get her nurses (she's the big boss) to do the vaccinations from 5th December and to work 10 hours a day (update, it's 12-hour days) seven days a week until they're all done. She wasn't going to take that lying down so she enquired about pay - there was no extra even mentioned. She fought that one and got her nurses pay commensurate with the hours and days they'll be working. But unlike the headline-grabbers, she worked out the logistics and says, at best, there's no way we'll be seeing the first fruits of this until next March at least.

Firstly, from vaccine arrival, they have five days to use what they've got or it will be rendered useless. It will arrive concentrated and they have to dilute it, from which time they'll have five hours to use it or it becomes useless. I naively asked if, once injected, the vaccinee (it is now) would get a sistificate...certfci....piece of paper showing their immune status. She laughed. The only paper the vaccinee (it's common parlance now!) would get would be to instruct them to come and get the follow-up injection. She predicts mayhem from then on. Firstly, she sees what's going on as she's got to pick up the pieces already (the indestructible who can't get infected - until they do or their mother dies of it), and knows that a percentage (which will be high given the area she covers) will believe they're immune. Then there will be those who didn't like the pain of the needle so won't come for the second part, or those who can't get there in time for the second one, rendering the first one completely useless. Kim Kardashian even after the second injection, they won't be declared immune until they have yet another needle (to take blood and test if they have built up sufficient immunity to be declared 'safe') before their journey is over. And that has to be done in sufficient numbers of people to have any beneficial effect. She's very skeptical and has been through this - albeit on a different scale - so many times, she can predict pretty much what's going to happen. Non-compliance, serious effects, public apathy. She's annoyed at the way the government are doing this and the way that the manufacturers have been given the freedom to declare their own product safe and 90-odd percent effective.
What is the new flu vaccine then?

Julia9054

Guru
Flu vaccinations for under 65s are normally available from pharmacies for those who want to pay for one or for those with a voucher provided by their work.
Not this year though - only for those medically eligible. I am assuming that more of those eligible are taking up the offer this year leaving none spare.
My HR usually hand out vouchers for all staff who want one but not this year.

I swear I heard Boris claim some time ago that there would be 30 million NHS free flu jabs pumped into Brits this winter.
And that they were there for folks over 50.
On looking into this it seems that it's essentially for folks over 65 plus certain specified groups.
So how does this add up to 30 million?
We are well into winter, despite curiously mild weather down south.
Did I imagine this good news?
Can I not count?
Has the British population boomed more than I thought, thanks to our internationally renowned fecundity?
Are there more folks over 65 in the UK than I thought?
Or is Boris full of shoot?
Or is Boris full of shoot?

I think this is the most relevant. It explains every situation and problem.

Last edited:

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
26ish million over 50s plus high risk plus NHS workers has got to be about 30m surely? How is this controversial?

OP
Blue Hills
26ish million over 50s plus high risk plus NHS workers has got to be about 30m surely?
see above - first post - it's not there for over 50s.
Despite what Boris said.
I trust the bbc generally and assume that they were reporting boris and his bunch accurately.

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷

I mean it's all propaganda but the propaganda about 30m is not inconsistent with the propaganda about the over 50.

Top image: Lloyd's pharmacy
Bottom image: NHS

OP
Blue Hills
The point is that it's not what was announced.
Boris re-writing stuff - well what a surprise.
He's an ex journo I believe.
But luckily not the only one we have.

I wouldn't be surprised to encounter future rewrites for you to quote.

As I think I said, we are well into 1984 territory.
Except boris is sensible enough at least to not write his pronouncements/pledges on walls.

We are of course well into the flu season.

Last edited:
Top Bottom