2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb - 7 - Grossglockner

Discussion in 'BRVR - Goats League Discussions' started by Aleman, 16 Jan 2019.

1. Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

Ride opens for attempts at midnight 11th Feb 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 7th April 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

A nice short, and very picturesque climb for you, the Kaiser Franz Josefs Hohe, or the Grossglockner. My wife has walked this to the waterfall, and I've always wanted to ride it :smile:

494m of Ascent in 7.93 Km - should be a breeze :rofl:

profile.grossglockner.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Last edited: 12 Feb 2019
    TurboTommy likes this.
  2. Crook Town AFC

Crook Town AFC Dave Wade on BRVR

Now that the Mallorca challenge is over it's back to the goats league, 00:24:49.
    As for it being a breeze all I can say is if that's your idea of a breeze I'd hate to be out on a ride with you if it's windy:laugh:

TurboTommy, Breedon, djk and 2 others like this.
  3. djk

djk David Kings on BRVR

Loved that ride.
    31:55 please

TurboTommy, martin22, Aleman and 2 others like this.
  4. theboxers

theboxers TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

:crazy::huh:

TurboTommy and djk like this.
  5. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

TurboTommy, Aleman and martin22 like this.
  6. martin22

martin22 Senior Member

32:34 for me :heat: thought I had @djk for a while but he shot away on the last hill and I couldn't ease off as @Mugshot was snapping at my heels

TurboTommy, Aleman, djk and 1 other person like this.
  7. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

Good effort @martin22 , I followed my usual routine of sticking the coach at 200w and choosing a few riders that had ridden around the same time. @djk was so far ahead of that that I didn't even bother chosing him! When it started though I thought as it should be no more than 40 mins I'd try to give it some beans from the get go. Really pleased with my 3.1W/kg, still wouldn't have been any point in putting @djk on there mind, that was a Herculean effort mate, hats off to you!!

TurboTommy, djk and martin22 like this.
  8. martin22

martin22 Senior Member

I usually do the ride earlier in the week before most people have done it, so was the first time I'd ridden with others from the league. Definitely makes the ride hurt more as you're trying to keep your position :boxing:

I think if I'd ridden it without pacing against @djk and @Mugshot I'd have ridden it at least a minute slower, you chasing me definitely made me suffer a lot more!

TurboTommy and Mugshot like this.
  9. djk

djk David Kings on BRVR

Not sure what was going on last week, just really enjoyed that ride. Not sure it's going to be the same this week though, legs still tired from Golden Gate Canyon.

Crook Town AFC likes this.
  10. Whorty

Whorty WADA conclude I don't need a TUE!

@Aleman 41:08

Gentle pootle as I did stage 5 directly before. Will have a go at this again when fresh, and at full pace :biggrin:

11. BRVR_User

BRVR_User Well-Known Member

Morning All, another one ticked off from my Goats backlog..
    22:58 for me please @Aleman

Whorty and Mugshot like this.
  12. ibooij

ibooij Senior Member

Well, that was fun in a strange kind of way. I added ghost for @Crook Town AFC and @Gattorantolo and a coach at 312W, as I determined that that was manageable. I set out to push on the step parts and then cruise at 290-300W on the flat sections. That turned out to go really well. Normally I blow up at 3/4 of the ride but I could keep pushing this time, even almost catching @Crook Town AFC, but he stayed just out of reach with a 5 second advantage.

The result was 24:55, @Aleman

theboxers, SmP-62, BRVR_User and 2 others like this.
  13. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

:laugh:

:cry:

14. ibooij

ibooij Senior Member

@Mugshot Not real cruising, but for the length of effort it feels like a cruise. I would really like to be able to be able to cruise like that for a few hours, but then I should stop working, start training ... and find a "good" doctor.

15. Whorty

Whorty WADA conclude I don't need a TUE!

We can all cruise at 290-300 watts ...... it's just a matter of how long you can cruise for :whistle: For me, my cruising at this wattage is about 60 seconds :biggrin: @Aleman, any chance you can find some rides that last 60 seconds to climb :laugh:

theboxers, Del C, Aleman and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice