2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 19 - Passo Fedaia from Sottoguda

Discussion in 'BRVR - Goats League Discussions' started by Aleman, 13 Apr 2019.

1. Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

Ride opens for attempts at midnight 6th May 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 30th June 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

A ride for those of you that don't like a lot of red! This one contains lots of green and yellow/orange ...

... Oh and a good chunk of Magenta!!! :evil::eek::rofl:

Still in the Alps, but heading over to Italy, and the Dolomites to the 11.48Km ascent of the steeper side of the Passo Fedaia from Sottoguda, with 852m of ascent. It features regularly in the Giro, and was a location for the 2003 remake of the film "The Italian Job".

Enjoy the view :rofl:

profile.passofedaia.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Whorty, djk and Crook Town AFC like this.
  2. ibooij

ibooij Senior Member

@Aleman Will you be selecting more rides in the near future? My colleagues at BigRingVR were asking if any more rides needed to be added to the Mountain Goats challenge :-)

djk likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

Sorry @ibooij , been meaning to add the next 4 rides for 3 days now. ... I'm on a real Italy fest at the moment so in order it will be

Saint-Barthelemy
    Passo Stalle
    Passo Giau
    Passo del Mortirolo (West Side)

djk likes this.
  4. ibooij

ibooij Senior Member

Thanks!

djk likes this.
  5. Crook Town AFC

Crook Town AFC Dave Wade on BRVR

46:30. Back after a short trip over to the dark side, ie Road Grand Tours checking out their new interface. Very sleek but the scenery isn't as good as BRVR.:okay:
    Well the first two km acted as an Hors d'oeuvre for the main course to come, a not so tasty magenta cocktail. Fortunately the afters consisted of a nice little... sorry that's enough of the metaphors suffice to say the climb was not enjoyable.

djk, Aleman and Mugshot like this.
  6. BRVR_User

BRVR_User Well-Known Member

39:55 for me please @Aleman. Needed more gears!

djk, Aleman, SmP-62 and 1 other person like this.
  7. SmP-62

SmP-62 Well-Known Member

I went from 34/29 to 34/32 to have a (still) decent cadence for rides like this, Mortirolo, ... also in real life.

Campagnolo officially supports max 29T, but it works nice also with 32T on both mechanical and EPS 11s SR systems (only available with short cage).

To simplify the cassette change on the trainer I purchased additional freehubs and now I have 3 preinstalled cassettes (with different setups) and need only allen key to change it.

djk and Aleman like this.
  8. ibooij

ibooij Senior Member

I'll probably have to skip this one. I have a good excuse (in my opinion anyway): I'll be riding l'Alsacienne https://www.alsacienne.org/en/ next week. I'll be taking a bit of a rest before heading of there on Wednesday.

djk and Aleman like this.
  9. SmP-62

SmP-62 Well-Known Member

I think you have enough time before departure (and specially before the event) to do at least a nice tempo ride. Side efect is nice ... no hard time penalty, because your easy ride will allways be quicker as time punishment.

If I had such event on the end of the NEXT week (at the moment in 9 days and 15 hours), I would do a TT ride on next 4 days with no bad impact of my fitness on the 'race' day.

Last edited: 20 Jun 2019
    Whorty and djk like this.
  10. ibooij

ibooij Senior Member

Thanks for that information, but that does not work for me. We probably have a pretty different way of reacting to (physical) stress. I'll take it easy with some easy rides until Thursday, then go for some climbing on Thursday and Friday, easy again on Saturday and then I should be ready. Doing it that way keeps me eager to go and also allows me to do some climbing before the event. Around here that is completely impossible.

Cheers!

11. djk

djk David Kings on BRVR

Rubbish ride today, just couldn't maintain the watts 1:00:43 please @Aleman

Aleman, Whorty and Mugshot like this.
  12. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

Not surprised in this heat :heat:

djk likes this.
  13. Whorty

Whorty WADA conclude I don't need a TUE!

Planning to have a pop at this over the weekend. In this heat I may just pootle up there to set a time :okay:

djk likes this.
  14. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

That was a warm one, think I kicked my fan before I got on too so it was pretty much completely by-passing me. What happened to the weather though, thought it was always sunny in Big Ring World?
    Smashing route mind, said it before I'll say it again, love those winding through the mountain routes. Isn't Italy stunning :smile:

52:01 for me please @Aleman

Aleman, djk and Whorty like this.
  15. Whorty

Whorty WADA conclude I don't need a TUE!

Cracking time :okay:

@Aleman - 55:09 for me please :biggrin:

There were some very nasty sections on that course, made me really dig in. Despite the pain I enjoyed that :laugh:

Aleman, djk and Mugshot like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice