2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 13 - Colle delle Finestre

Discussion in 'BRVR - Goats League Discussions' started by Aleman, 25 Feb 2019.

1. Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

Ride opens for attempts at midnight 25th March 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 19th May 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

Making many appearances in the Giro, probably the most famous was in 2018, when Chris Froome "Did a Landis" and attacked the peloton on this climb with over 100Km left in the stage (and another two climbs, the Colle Sestrierre and the summit finish of Monte Jafferau :eek:), Taking the Cima Coppi as first over the highest point of the 101st Giro de Italia. For you lucky riders you only have to complete the 13.64Km and 771m of the Ascent of the Colle delle Finestre. A nice 2Km lead before you hit the first challenge 5Km of reasonable gradient, a 1Km false flat, and then we bring the pain, push harder for the summit!!

profile.colledellefinestre.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

2. Crook Town AFC

Crook Town AFC Dave Wade on BRVR

Wow, after reading that I felt I've just ridden it. Can I post my time now? 0:30:00 for me please:rofl:

Whorty likes this.
  3. Crook Town AFC

Crook Town AFC Dave Wade on BRVR

Well it was a bit slower than the time posted above but this time I did it with my legs not my imagination, 00:43:04

Aleman, SmP-62 and Mugshot like this.
  4. djk

djk David Kings on BRVR

Aleman, Crook Town AFC and Mugshot like this.
  5. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

That was a much nicer ride than the American ones, stunning scenery, interesting road, good chance of plummeting to a tumbling mountainside death, beautiful stone bridge, donkeys and a landslide too. What more could you ask for?

53:24 please @Aleman

Aleman, djk and ibooij like this.
  6. martin22

martin22 Senior Member

So after a few weeks off the bike I'm back and ready for more torture!

Well the scenery was great but my lungs and legs didn't really appreciate it, don't know why, I kept telling them it was lovely :biggrin:

56.02 for me @Aleman.

Last edited: 28 Apr 2019
    Aleman, Crook Town AFC, djk and 2 others like this.
  7. BRVR_User

BRVR_User Well-Known Member

41:41 please @Aleman. One of the best looking and most enjoyable climbs on BigRing in my opinion

8. ibooij

ibooij Senior Member

That was an interesting one to pace. I think I did well by taking a breather on the flat parts and then going strong, a bit above treshold on the steeper parts. 40:23 for me please, @Aleman

9. Whorty

Whorty WADA conclude I don't need a TUE!

@54:51 please @Aleman

Another one bites the dust :thumbsup:

Mugshot likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice