2019 Goats League - Climb 8 - Rojas Sauzal

Discussion in 'BRVR - Goats League Discussions' started by Aleman, 21 Jan 2019.

1. Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

Ride opens for attempts at midnight 18th Feb 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 14th April 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

OK, a ride for the puncheurs among us, the very short Rojas Sauzal, a mere 3010 meters, but with a height gain of 330m that's an average gradient of more than 10%. I love the Canary Islands, and have probably driven along this road at some time in the past, I'm sure cycling it would be more 'interesting'

profile.rojassauzal.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Last edited: 12 Feb 2019
    djk likes this.
  2. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

Quicker too for some of the riders in our club.

djk likes this.
  3. Gattorantolo

Gattorantolo Silvano Turati on BRVR

I rided this climb today (24 January), 15.02 for me...is not valid?
    On BigRing the Challenge say:
    Finish all rides between January 1 and December 31 to complete the challenge.

4. Crook Town AFC

Crook Town AFC Dave Wade on BRVR

Hi Silvano,
    BigRingVR operate on a slightly different set of rules to this league. A ride is only valid if completed within the time frame set, in this case from midnight 18th Feb 2019, to Midnight on the 14th April 2019. Consider it as good practice for the next time.:okay:
    Whatever though your quickest time counts on either league.

5. OP
    OP
    Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

As long as the quickest time is set while the ride is open ;)

6. Crook Town AFC

Yes that's true, apologies for missing this off the original reply.

7. djk

djk David Kings on BRVR

That's a lot of pink!

8. Crook Town AFC

Just checked that out. Silvano (@Gattorantolo) and me have already tackled this one so at least I've got someone to chase (me), doubt I'll get anywhere near Silvano.

One heck of a short sharp shock for tomorrow.

9. SmP-62

SmP-62 Well-Known Member

Silvano (@Gattorantolo), as you can see now, yours 'to early' ride is valid in BigRing VR Challenge (https://bigringvr.com/Challenge.aspx?challengeID=22).

If you want to have a valid ride also in this League, you must do it again.

I have also done a test. A day before this ride was open in the League (and not shown as a challenge ride on BRVR), I made this ride as a recon ride on the end of my regular training excercise and it is now (after the ride is finally shown as a BR challenge ride) marked as completed in BR VR Challenge.

Last edited: 19 Feb 2019
  10. ibooij

ibooij Senior Member

BigRingVR challenges indeed have the rule that all rides in the challenge have to be done between the start and end date of the complete challenge.

11. Crook Town AFC

13:01 That got the old ticker tocking. Glad I beat my previous time from back end of last year.

Aleman, martin22 and Mugshot like this.
  12. martin22

martin22 Senior Member

Whaaaat 13 minutes, that's crazy!

Mugshot likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

Well it is only 3Km :rofl:

djk and Crook Town AFC like this.
  14. Crook Town AFC

That was my third attempt at that ride and the first this year. This time though I never got out of the granny ring so I think that helped. I was a bit out of puff by the time I'd got to the top:heat:

15. martin22

martin22 Senior Member

I'm going to have to use @Crook Town AFC as a pacer....just to see how fast he pulls away from me

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice